Welcome back William Hayes

Swampbilly

I had posted in another thread that the beat reporters were hearing that the Dolphins feel that Harris shouldn't have been asked to add 15 lbs, and that he should go back to his college weight of 250 lbs. I personally feel that Harris is an SOLB. He doesn't have the size strength of Cam Wake. And apparently, he lost a step getting up to 265 lbs.

29 minutes ago, Dolphinmeister said:

All these guys are old or getting old and will have to be replaced or filled in for when they are hurt, hopefully that is when Harris matures into a starter.

Your mouth to God's ear, my friend.

Don't think this has anything to do with Harris at all. Hayes can play DE and DT(versatility), he's one of our best run-stopper (not what Harris was known for) and it's a one-year deal (he's not impeding anyone's progress). I'm fine with Harris being a rotational guy again this year, hopefully has more production and like dolphinmeister said hopefully he can step-in when Wake retires.

I’ve been skeptical of the Harris pick in last years draft, but in no way am I ready to declare him a bust.  He flashed on plays and was starting to come on near the end of the season.  The veteran defensive players all praise him claiming he has a really good work ethic.  I’m looking forward to seeing if he can get to the QB a little more often this season.  The kid can bend the edge, no doubt.

Archived