Zack Brown back with skins

Eric

No one who has been so down on the team direction should be cheering right now. 

giphy.gif

That being said WOOOOOOO!!!! I think this is the right contract value for a valuable player. Good job F.O. getting it done.

(J.K. on everyone being down. Come, drink and be merry)

Yeah, they can open up room for a big splash signing like Honey Badger... and should have enough for a short 4 mil for 1 yr deal on a Bennie Logan type. 

Even if they stand pat, they did just enough. Handled the WR and ILB issue. Leaves BPA with RB, DL, and OG with the first 3 draft picks.. rush LB and DB depth with later picks. Something like that.

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think we were around $22-24 mil after the Richardson signing.  Brown will likely cost $5-7 against the cap.  So at worst we're sitting around $15 mil, at best maybe $19 mil?  We likely need around $7 mil for draft picks, so $8 to $12 mil more for additional free agents.  

Sounds right to me. I hope we sign a starting LG with some of that $.

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Yeah, they can open up room for a big splash signing like Honey Badger... and should have enough for a short 4 mil for 1 yr deal on a Bennie Logan type. 

Even if they stand pat, they did just enough. Handled the WR and ILB issue. Leaves BPA with RB, DL, and OG with the first 3 draft picks.. rush LB and DB depth with later picks. Something like that.

Definitely agree with this.

Just now, oldman9er said:

By bringing Brown back it affords us the ability to take care of a lingering issue on this defense. This was pretty much all I asked for. Bring back Zach Brown. Now Vea or Payne and I can really start to get excited. I'd still like to see Junior back but that's not dire.

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Problem is without our 3rd we likely won't get 3 plug-and-play starters in this draft.  Best case scenario is likely two, but our 2nd round picks the past two drafts have contributed practically nothing.  

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sounds right to me. I hope we sign a starting LG with some of that $.

I would think the plan is to move Ty to LG. I could be wrong and I don't think he could do it but I believe they're going to try this.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Problem is without our 3rd we likely won't get 3 plug-and-play starters in this draft.  Best case scenario is likely two, but our 2nd round picks the past two drafts have contributed practically nothing.  

I'm holding out hope for Ryan Anderson. Sua Cravens isn't even on the team anymore in my mind.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Definitely agree with this.

and you might be right, if you are preferring a FA vet at LG versus FA vet DL. (if that's indeed the preference)

Washington has a very strong (imo) chance at either Vea or Payne being available at #13.. whereas there is unlikely an IOL worth looking at there. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

I would think the plan is to move Ty to LG. I could be wrong and I don't think he could do it but I believe they're going to try this.

Nah, I think they'll sign a Lauvao level guy in the next few days.  

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

No one who has been so down on the team direction should be cheering right now. 

giphy.gif

That being said WOOOOOOO!!!! I think this is the right contract value for a valuable player. Good job F.O. getting it done.

(J.K. on everyone being down. Come, drink and be merry)

If you're trying to portray the majority of the Redskins offseason with that gif that dumpster needs to be on fire.

Nah, I think they'll sign a Lauvao level guy in the next few days.  

I hope not. That was a waste in my opinion. I think Will Hernandez ends up in back end of the first round so I don't think he'll be an option in the second round. I'd rather roll with what we have than just pay someone for the hell of it.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I hope not. That was a waste in my opinion. I think Will Hernandez ends up in back end of the first round so I don't think he'll be an option in the second round. I'd rather roll with what we have than just pay someone for the hell of it.

Lol that's how we ended up with Stephen Heyer starting at RT for a season.  I think we'll bring in some kind of vet to compete there.  

Lol that's how we ended up with Stephen Heyer starting at RT for a season.  I think we'll bring in some kind of vet to compete there.  

Don't you dare spell the great Stephon Heyer's name wrong lol

Archived