49ers sign OLB Attaochu

49erurtaza

Just now, rudyZ said:

When you eat poutine, you learn french by osmosis. That requires a lot of poutine, though.

I wish I had known this before I was rooting around in your head and saw that thing about the penguin. 

Sounds like the main reason he sat on the bench last season was because the Chargers simply had better players at the position, and didn't have PT for him. He was definitely a good prospect coming out, and it sounds like there is still some upside there. It's only a flier, but something more than just a camp body, I think.

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

At 2.5 million guaranteed, I'd be very surprised if he was just a camp body

Is that for real?  The guy has hardly played and produced pretty darn close to nothing for the past two seasons. 2016 he had 8 games played with 2 sacks and 7 tackles. Last year was even worse - 4 games with no sacks 5 tackles.  Dude has been in the league 4 years had only one half-way decent season and has a grand total of 10 sacks and 62 tackles over those 4 years. I guess that's better than Carradine at least. 9_9This strikes as badly as trading down 60 places or so to get Bibbs. Oh well. Hopefully this one works out better than that move did. At least in this case it's only money, and we've got a lot of that. In any case how much worse could he be than the other guys he'll be competing with for a roster spot.

I love this signing, by the way, and the general trend the team is showing right now of going for young, athletic veterans coming off their first contracts. You can see what Kyle wants...he was not joking about speed being a top priority here (ok, **** Sherman isn't all that fast, but he plays fast if healthy, at least). Glad to see the team taking flyers on guys like this who have a lot of athletic upside, but didn't get many snaps in their first contracts (sounds a lot like McKinnon).

edit: lol...this site doesn't want me to call Sherman by his rightful name, which is D!ck. I refuse to refer to him as Richard.

Archived