49ers sign OLB Attaochu

49erurtaza

I've read that his deal is 2.5 mil guarantedd and 5.5 mil total.  Anyone got details on that though?  Is any of it performance based or are we straigh up paying him 5.5 if he makes the team?  Parag is usually great with these kind of contract details. So I'd love to know what the dettails of his deal are.

28 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I've read that his deal is 2.5 mil guarantedd and 5.5 mil total.  Anyone got details on that though?  Is any of it performance based or are we straigh up paying him 5.5 if he makes the team?  Parag is usually great with these kind of contract details. So I'd love to know what the dettails of his deal are.

I thought I saw "up to" the 5.5 in one of the tweets, so I assume at least a portion is incentives for playing time or production

18 hours ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

I love this signing, by the way, and the general trend the team is showing right now of going for young, athletic veterans coming off their first contracts. You can see what Kyle wants...he was not joking about speed being a top priority here (ok, **** Sherman isn't all that fast, but he plays fast if healthy, at least). Glad to see the team taking flyers on guys like this who have a lot of athletic upside, but didn't get many snaps in their first contracts (sounds a lot like McKinnon).

edit: lol...this site doesn't want me to call Sherman by his rightful name, which is D!ck. I refuse to refer to him as Richard.

Speed, speed, speed. Love it.  And in Sherman's case, or any veteran, if they've already proved they can play great without elit speed then fine. But when I'm building and tkaing young guys I love putting a priority on speed.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I thought I saw "up to" the 5.5 in one of the tweets, so I assume at least a portion is incentives for playing time or production

I tried to look it up and couldn't find any details other than how much is guaranteed.  I guess we'll find out soon enough. I obviously wasn't excited about this one, but I'm fine with it if the contract is like a lot of the others we've structtured lately.  If you combine who's available in FA and who's coming out in the draft this could be one of the worst years in memeory to be trying to find a stud pass rusher. At this point I'll settle for competent. If he could get back to the six sacks he had in his second year that would be several better than anyone else currently on our roster. Sad but true :(

Finally saw the details. 2.5 mil for salary and signing bonus.  Another $250,000 roster bonus paid on a game by game basis.  So, $3 million if he makes the team and the roster every week.  After that the rest is incentives for playing time and sacks. But no detail I could find on what he has to do to earn that othert 2 million.

Archived