Jordy Nelson signed. Crabtree cut.

NickButera

2 Years 15 million. 13 million guaranteed. 

Crabtree cut within the hour. 

I feel like it's a wash, and there had to be some kind of bad blood/drama happening to have cut someone Carr liked so much. At least we know Nelson won't drop anything, which is something our WR corps had issus with as a whole last year. 

The rumor was that Crabtree was starting to show the 'old' Crabtree behind the scenes. That plus diminished production means he's out. Jordy is definitely on the downside, but has steadier hands and is extremely unlikely to cause any waves in the locker room.  So based on that, I'm good with this move. Wish we did more, especially getting in on Patrick Robinson, but it what it is.

I like this!

Crabs was a great teammate when we were good, when he and Carr had success, but this year he went back to his selfish, diva form. There were riports that he and Carr doesn't even spoke during the second half of the season.

Crabs became a locker rom distraction and on the other side he dropped passes on the field.
Donald Penn actually liked the tweet where they said Crabs is cut...this is telling IMO.

Jordy Nelson has more consistent hands and I don't think there is difference in speed, since Crabs was never a burner...

He can move into to slot like Fitzgerald did with age and then mix it up to the outside from time to time.

The way I see we still need a young burner at WR and we get a better person, teammate for our money...

I will say this.... very uninspired approach thus far. Old, slow offense outside Amari. This team needs to get faster and more dynamic. 

This stinks of 'old Gruden' signing older vets. Just because it worked once, doesn't mean it will again. It didn't in Tampa. 

58 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I will say this.... very uninspired approach thus far. Old, slow offense outside Amari. This team needs to get faster and more dynamic. 

This stinks of 'old Gruden' signing older vets. Just because it worked once, doesn't mean it will again. It didn't in Tampa. 

Ding ding ding it’s early obviously but I’m already uneasy about Gruden was never really on board with the hire to begin with 

The reason behind this is clear as day. We don't save anything so we just wanted to get rid of Crabtree. I'm sure Gruden would have pushed to cut Crabtree the day after he selfishly got ejected while we were still fighting for our playoff hopes. Nelson is a team player.

47 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The reason behind this is clear as day. We don't save anything so we just wanted to get rid of Crabtree. I'm sure Gruden would have pushed to cut Crabtree the day after he selfishly got ejected while we were still fighting for our playoff hopes. Nelson is a team player.

Yeah pretty blatant that we didn't want to keep Crabtree.  Reggie is too calculated to just make a move to make a move, there has to be a reason for this one.

But last season was a car crash for the 6-10 Raiders, and Crabtree was a part of that as well. The offense fell apart under first-year offensive coordinator Todd Downing, and at one point, Crabtree and Carr — once extremely close — didn’t speak for a month during the season.

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

We did meet with Christian Kirk? DJ Moore is another option early on day 2.

Crabtree was a surprisingly good signing at the time but it appears he's worn out his welcome, am quite pleased with the Nelson signing as I think he's a consummate professional and still has a lot to offer as a receiver as his game is not based solely on physicals that will or are diminishing, he should be a very good fit though and I'm sure he will be a great influence for Carr and Cooper but I am surprised by how much we gave him, especially the guaranteed amount considering his recent injury and age.

I think Crabtree is on the downside of his career personally. He was a high end #2 option and thats why he had so much success here, however when Cooper was out his numbers dropped hard. Not saying that Nelson is better I am saying though that Crabtree's diminishing talent along with his diva attitude would not be good to have around for this semi rebuild.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he busts in Baltimore.

For someone who has always been thought of as a Slower, Possession WR, man the guy seems to always be open with no one around him. and has a number of long TDs in his past

I think, he is a smart WR, and knows how to find space. Speed is less important to his game, than it is to Crabs.
I think he will post solid numbers for us. 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

For someone who has always been thought of as a Slower, Possession WR, man the guy seems to always be open with no one around him. and has a number of long TDs in his past

I think, he is a smart WR, and knows how to find space. Speed is less important to his game, than it is to Crabs.
I think he will post solid numbers for us. 

I wouldn’t say crabtrees game relies on speed either

Archived