Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NickButera

Jordy Nelson signed. Crabtree cut.

Recommended Posts

Quote

 

Jordy Nelson: Strength and conditioning coach Tom Shaw said the former Packers receiver is in great shape, and it’s safe to say that Nelson is more hands-on than Michael Crabtree when it comes to meetings and dealing with younger receivers. 

“He’ll just be like, ‘What if we did the route like this or like that?’” Carr said. “Jordy is very detailed. He wants to do everything exactly how you want it done. I see why Aaron (Rodgers) loved throwing him the ball. He knows if you’re comfortable, you’ll throw it to them. …

“You just see when you add a guy like that, it just trickles down throughout the whole room of guys. Just their study habits. You see Jordy off to the side when another group is in, he is probably just telling somebody something about a route or a technique or a coverage.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 3:30 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha and the excuses continue...  It was the coaching, no wait it was Crabs fault, hold on it was Carr's fault for not trusting him or getting him the ball, one more...  it was the OC's fault because we all know Cooper is a HOF type WR who has been ignored because everyone has a vendetta against him being a great elite WR. 

Total homer talk and I love it.  Gruden knows exactly who Cooper is which is exactly my description of him day 1 and the reason he went out and got MB.  MB will be seeing the other teams number 1 corners, will see the double teams and has true elite number 1 skills.  Cooper will certainly benefit from MB being here and his numbers will show it, it's the trickle down effect.  Cooper should have his best statical year to date but that will be attributed to how he is being used and not having to face the number 1 CB's who have shut him down more than not over the last 2 years.  Does Cooper have some good games, sure but he also disappears for games on end.  If he was as dominant as you claim they would find ways of getting him the ball and you would not have to come up with lame excuses as to why he has underwhelmed so far in his career. 

Randall Cobb has had some statically dominant seasons but we all know he is not a true number one who can beat double teams consistently.   Cooper is a slightly bigger version of Cobb and that is exactly how Gruden will use him.  My guess is 90ish catches and around 1100 yards.  

4

As much as I like Bryant, this is simply not true.

Also, Amari was on pace for 1300 yards in his 2nd year before he started receiving bracket coverage. Ted Nguyen wrote a great article on it.

I don't think anyone in the NFL thinks that Bryant is a better receiver than Amari. Amari definitely hasn't underwhelmed. He hasn't been made a true focal point like other good receivers. Put him on a team like Green Bay or New orleans and we'd be talking about him differently.

That being said, I think Bryant will prevent teams from double teaming cooper, but I think you're going a bit far by downplnaying his skillset dramatically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

agreed

 

2qwo70j.jpg

Not sexy at all...I've never seen a raider uni look bad on someone before but 😏

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

As much as I like Bryant, this is simply not true.

Also, Amari was on pace for 1300 yards in his 2nd year before he started receiving bracket coverage. Ted Nguyen wrote a great article on it.

I don't think anyone in the NFL thinks that Bryant is a better receiver than Amari. Amari definitely hasn't underwhelmed. He hasn't been made a true focal point like other good receivers. Put him on a team like Green Bay or New orleans and we'd be talking about him differently.

That being said, I think Bryant will prevent teams from double teaming cooper, but I think you're going a bit far by downplnaying his skillset dramatically.

More excuses for Coop and I love it.  Now it was because he "received bracket coverage" that he has underwhelmed.  I need a good laugh so keep the excuses coming as to why Cooper hasn't lived up to the HOF homer hype he receives on this forum.  If he was good as all of you claim he would find ways to get open, win and get the ball.  Numbers don't lie and he disappeared in more games than not.  He had 2 games over 100 yards in 2017 and in the rest he was practically invisible.  You call that a great WR?  Don't get me started on his drops that have plagued him throughout his career.  

Let me ask you why Cooper "hasn't been made a focal point" like other good WR's?  Do you think there is a conspiracy to hold him back from being great?  Do you think the coaching staff and Carr have not been able to realize how good you all claim he is or do you think they have something against Cooper and refuse to get an "elite and dominant" WR like Cooper the ball?  These guys see Cooper every day on the practice field and in games but you're claiming that they're not seeing his greatness and purposely giving the ball to less skilled and less dominant players.    Do you think your evaluation of Cooper which I am sure is based on highlight films, media articles and media hype may not be accurate and that the QB and coaching staff that see him every day have a better gauge on his true skillset and ability?  I'm just trying to wrap my head around your theory that Carr and the coaches have refused to get "their most feared weapon" the ball.    

To say that no one in the NFL thinks Byrant is a better WR than Cooper is laughable.  How do you know what people in the NFL think?  If the Raiders line up Cooper in the slot with Bryant and Nelson as the 1 and 2 is that an indication that Gruden thinks his skillset is the 3rd best on this team?  MB is 26 has an elite, game changing skillset and has shown he can do it all on the field.  Sure, he has been a head case which has limited his time on the field but now will be his time to shine.  Barring injury or suspension MB will have his best season to date.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

 

2qwo70j.jpg

Not sexy at all...I've never seen a raider uni look bad on someone before but 😏

Is that John Travolta in a Raider uni with a shaved head lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be the offseason xD

 

Always love coming on here to see the back and forth arguments.  Guess I'll take the middle road on this one.  Cooper is a solid NFL WR at this point in his career.  He has the ability to take over games, but for whatever reason, inconsistencies have plagued him so far.  Drops, nagging injuries, the way he is used can all come into question. 

He is not an elite WR at this point and he may never be.  There is as big a chance that our WR corp will underperform this season as there is that they will all 3 top 1,000 yards.  The potential is there and only time will tell if they can put it all together or not.

 

I'm excited to see this offense with Gruden at the helm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

More excuses for Coop and I love it.  Now it was because he "received bracket coverage" that he has underwhelmed.  I need a good laugh so keep the excuses coming as to why Cooper hasn't lived up to the HOF homer hype he receives on this forum.  If he was good as all of you claim he would find ways to get open, win and get the ball.  Numbers don't lie and he disappeared in more games than not.  He had 2 games over 100 yards in 2017 and in the rest he was practically invisible.  You call that a great WR?  Don't get me started on his drops that have plagued him throughout his career.  

Let me ask you why Cooper "hasn't been made a focal point" like other good WR's?  Do you think there is a conspiracy to hold him back from being great?  Do you think the coaching staff and Carr have not been able to realize how good you all claim he is or do you think they have something against Cooper and refuse to get an "elite and dominant" WR like Cooper the ball?  These guys see Cooper every day on the practice field and in games but you're claiming that they're not seeing his greatness and purposely giving the ball to less skilled and less dominant players.    Do you think your evaluation of Cooper which I am sure is based on highlight films, media articles and media hype may not be accurate and that the QB and coaching staff that see him every day have a better gauge on his true skillset and ability?  I'm just trying to wrap my head around your theory that Carr and the coaches have refused to get "their most feared weapon" the ball.    

To say that no one in the NFL thinks Byrant is a better WR than Cooper is laughable.  How do you know what people in the NFL think?  If the Raiders line up Cooper in the slot with Bryant and Nelson as the 1 and 2 is that an indication that Gruden thinks his skillset is the 3rd best on this team?  MB is 26 has an elite, game changing skillset and has shown he can do it all on the field.  Sure, he has been a head case which has limited his time on the field but now will be his time to shine.  Barring injury or suspension MB will have his best season to date.

5

Find 1 person here on this site who will take Martavis over Amari in a vacuum. Are you saying all of these people on this site are clueless?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

WOW...just WOW

Bryant got balls because Brown is THE MAN. Bryant is off-field hot garbage but 'solid' on the field. A complementry WR not a stud in any sense of the word. Cooper is a STUD and hasn't put it all together but what he has given us is better thanTim Brown like minus the consistency. If Cooper gets consistent then nobody but Frankie will give him his due. Problem is it will be in his contract year. LOL  =(

 

Edit: We've seen Amari drop some easy balls but make some unbelievible plays. Carr, Cooper, Mack. There is NO 3 player group on the same team in the NFL I'd want more. NONE!!! Name them if you think differently...I can change my mind because I'll listen to reason. Socrates, Plato it's all just info...

Edited by G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, G said:

WOW...just WOW

Bryant got balls because Brown is THE MAN. Bryant is off-field hot garbage but 'solid' on the field. A complementry WR not a stud in any sense of the word. Cooper is a STUD and hasn't put it all together but what he has given us is better thanTim Brown like minus the consistency. If Cooper gets consistent then nobody but Frankie will give him his due. Problem is it will be in his contract year. LOL  =(

 

Edit: We've seen Amari drop some easy balls but make some unbelievible plays. Carr, Cooper, Mack. There is NO 3 player group on the same team in the NFL I'd want more. NONE!!! Name them if you think differently...I can change my mind because I'll listen to reason. Socrates, Plato it's all just info...

This is exactly the homerism I'm talking about.  "Cooper is a stud", then some excuses, then a comparison to HOF WR Tim Brown.  Right after that I tried to stop reading but it's like looking at a train wreck, you have to take a peek.  

If Cooper can get consistent it will be in the slot and not as our number 1 or X WR.  His numbers should vastly improve this year because of MB facing the teams number one CB and will most likely be double teamed out of any of our WR's.  Cooper will face nickel backs who he should be able to own.  Like I said he should have his best year on paper but just like Cobb in GB he cant shoulder the load as a number 1 like Julio Jones can in ATL.  

What does lumping Cooper in with one of the top young QB's in the game and one of the best DE/LB have to do with anything?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Find 1 person here on this site who will take Martavis over Amari in a vacuum. Are you saying all of these people on this site are clueless?

Explain to me what Cooper does better than Bryant on a football field other than "being a crisp route runner", which really hasn't done much for his numbers or what physical skills he has that are superior to MB? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Explain to me what Cooper does better than Bryant on a football field other than "being a crisp route runner", which really hasn't done much for his numbers or what physical skills he has that are superior to MB? 

If you don't understand, there's too large of a disconnect for me to try to explain. Why don't you start a poll or something, or ask NFL gen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If you don't understand, there's too large of a disconnect for me to try to explain. Why don't you start a poll or something, or ask NFL gen?

LOL Please explain it.  I am fascinated to see what you come up, piled on top of all of the excuses you've made for Cooper's underwhelming career so far after being the number 4th overall pick in the first round.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

 

What does lumping Cooper in with one of the top young QB's in the game and one of the best DE/LB have to do with anything?  

Looking at Cooper and Jones's first 3 seasons, I'm feeling pretty good about the direction. Wait Jones is #1?!? Not back then it was Roddy White...

Lumping our 3 was seeing what 'TEAM' because it is a team sport...What teams top 3 would you rather have. Rams Donald, Goff and Gurley? I'd still take ours...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×