Injuries! - McCarron Trade?

theJ

Chances it happens?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Chances it happens?

As many are probably aware, Ryan Tannehill was injured in today's practice.  Which opens up the door for another McCarron trade topic.  Woohoo!

What are the chances this actually happens?

(i'm assuming Tannehill did something awful like tear an ACL, but reports aren't conclusive yet that i've seen)

I would of maybe gave it a 10 percent chance if Tannehill was done for the year, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Either way, I give it less than 1 percent. Matt Moore gives the Dolphins the best chance to win as far as backup qb's go anyway. They'll probably end up signing Kaepernick or RG3 instead.

On 8/3/2017 at 6:29 PM, theJ said:

Yep.  Nothing to see here.  Move along.

(even funnier with the avatar above me)

Hold the phone. Now that his season is definitely over, there is a chance.

Was looking at an interesting writeup on walterfootball.com, the top 10 options for the Dolphins. Problem is, McCarron was at the very bottom, with Johnny Manziel viewed as a better option, which tells you all you need to know.

http://www.walterfootball.com/ryantannehill.php

Chances are they will get Jay Cutler or Kaepernick though. We can dream though.

6 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Well clearly that isn't the case.  Johnny Football is not a pro qb.

Still, I think if they make a move on someone, it will be someone more proven and experienced.

Agreed. Personally I'd sign Kaepernick. About giving up those dollars. Get a QB that when surrounded with talent has proven he can played football. Cutler had never shown that. Who cares about the media. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

The Bengals aren't run well enough to pull off a training camp trade that is a positive result for them.

I think the Palmer deal kind of fell into their laps.  It could happen, but the team would have to be desperate and desperate for McCarron and McCarron only.  Problem is there are too many options on the market now that are more proven that AJ and cost less in terms of draft capital.  

9 hours ago, theJ said:

They signed Cutler.  Welp, there goes the Dolphins chances.  He's pretty bad.

He played his best year ever when he was with Gase 2 years ago for a reason. I already though the Dolphins were going to have a tough time making the playoffs again even before Tannehill got injured, because now they don't have the benefit of playing a last place schedule again. Cutler is a downgrade from Tannehill, but not as much as some people think IMO.

2 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

He played his best year ever when he was with Gase 2 years ago for a reason. I already though the Dolphins were going to have a tough time making the playoffs again even before Tannehill got injured, because now they don't have the benefit of playing a last place schedule again. Cutler is a downgrade from Tannehill, but not as much as some people think IMO.

His best year ever was pretty mediocre by most standards and he's coming off a big injury. Plus it sounds like he hasn't prepped at all for the season based on his presser comments. 

He's probably going to be bad. Or at least so average the dolphins will be picking top 10. 

You're probably right they were going no where with tannehill either. But at least going into his 6th year he still stood a chance of getting better with gase. 

Archived