BAZINGA! Sheldon is ours! (1 yr, $11 mil, p. 11)

vike daddy

10 minutes ago, whitehops said:

i chuckled at one of those breakdown vid tweets you posted. he rag-dolled multiple o-lineman and made it look easy. putting him beside linval would be downright unfair.

Right?

One of my favorite things about Linval is how well he moves down the LoS for a man his size. Richardson is great at it too. Two interior defenders with the power those two have and the ability to stretch plays out?!

cant run at them... and can’t run away from them. 

I was curious if Sheldon had anybody who he would have played with in the past to recruit him here, and it appears the only one would be Kentrell Brothers who was a freshman at Missou in Richardson's final year there. I can't think of anyone we have around from his tenure with the Jets. As I continue to type I feel more and more like Chris Tomasson so I'm gonna stop now.

2 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Right?

One of my favorite things about Linval is how well he moves down the LoS for a man his size. Richardson is great at it too. Two interior defenders with the power those two have and the ability to stretch plays out?!

cant run at them... and can’t run away from them. 

I am picturing Barr and Kendricks shooting gaps behind those two and it is beautiful. Also, that Double A gap look with Sheldon right there as a pass rushing threat would be phenomenal.

Just now, Freakout said:

I am more excited about potentially signing Richardson than I was about signing Cousins.  Which means it won't happen.  I wasn't like this until I became a Viking fan.

booooooo! hissssss!

Sheldon is in the building!

Latest update, per ESPN's Courtney Cronin:

"Richardson is expected to remain in the Minneapolis area until Friday. Seattle has reportedly expressed a desire to bring Richardson back, but the Seahawks are getting strong competition from the Vikings."

2 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

I take that as Sheldon is flying out in the morning, but we will see. Like i said a little odd nobody has been providing any kind of updates. Figured the media would've been all over this scoop.  

Flying out, but could be with a new contract in hand?

5 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Latest update, per ESPN's Courtney Cronin:

"Richardson is expected to remain in the Minneapolis area until Friday. Seattle has reportedly expressed a desire to bring Richardson back, but the Seahawks are getting strong competition from the Vikings."

This sounds like he could be leaving without a contract 

11 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Murray just proposed to his girlfriend too. Poor guy. Lol

Murray is an interesting case for the Vikings.  While I don't think he's a great running back...he earned his contract last year.  I like him backing up Cook, if and when Cook is cleared to play.  I think he is pretty good value for the team.

I also understand the intrigue with Sheldon Richardson.  This is a very interesting dilemma.

Archived