Raiders sign LB Tahir Whitehead

RaidersAreOne

Just now, agarcia34 said:

His best year came from playing at WLB. Probably won’t know his position till later on when OTAs start. 

I didn't know his LB position but that makes sense with his size. It also is telling that we haven't cut Irvin and (reportedly) made an offer to Bowman.

17 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I didn't know his LB position but that makes sense with his size. It also is telling that we haven't cut Irvin and (reportedly) made an offer to Bowman.

what I read was Bowman looking for another team to offer, to use for leverage. Raiders have offered a contract. Even if he is overpaid Irvin has to stay. Last in the league in sacks and he is one of the few people who actually recorded a sack lol

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

His best year came from playing at WLB. Probably won’t know his position till later on when OTAs start. 

Yeah and he really struggled when he had to play MLB. At OLB, he's a good player. Imo, it's a smart signing to fit our new scheme.

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Is it? Looks like more of the same. Average Lb who struggles in pass coverage. Depth player, sure. But if he's starting then something went wrong.

It depends what Guenther is looking for though doesn't it? He's not average at playing the run and if our DC wants someone to do that job - well he's just landed him. I think we've got to start looking at things through the staff we have now, not necessarily the problems we've had in the past. Weren't you one who was always clamouring for a staff to have a plan and to pick players that fit the coaches scheme? In Cincy, Guenther had LBs who played the run well. Seems he's doing the same here.

I remember some player saying their team needed 'DOGS' in FA and this guy was the dog he wanted. Hadn't heard much about him before that but I think a very good addition.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Whitehead is our Will. That is a certainty. 

I believe Bowman will be back and will be our Mike. 

And everything in my gut is saying Irvin will be our Sam. 

Hate having a guy who can't cover play the WLB position. He was picked in Detroit, he will be exposed starting at WLB. I can already tell the LB play is going to suck this season. They are not going to give it priority is my guess

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hate having a guy who can't cover play the WLB position. He was picked in Detroit, he will be exposed starting at WLB. I can already tell the LB play is going to suck this season. They are not going to give it priority is my guess

On 3/16/2018 at 1:54 AM, NightTrainLane said:

Some more PFF grades to back up some of the points from the clip

Whitehead can cover when he is on the outside.

Archived