Raiders sign LB Tahir Whitehead

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Per PFF. Stop taking PFF as gospel. Watch the games and listen to the fans. 

But you put out that baseless opinion without watching the games.

And PFF is a tool in a toolbox that you can use to judge guys. Of course it isn't gospel but it does have a basis in fact and a clearly stated process for grading. Much better than most fans opinions.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:
10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

But you put out that baseless opinion without watching the games.

But I do watch the games. My wife's family are all from Michigan. They are Lions fans so see a lot of them.

43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

But I do watch the games. My wife's family are all from Michigan. They are Lions fans so see a lot of them.

anigif_sub-buzz-28432-1504043534-3.gif

Seems like something you would have led with instead of trotting out that embrassing video and saying fans didn't like him.

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

anigif_sub-buzz-28432-1504043534-3.gif

Seems like something you would have led with instead of trotting out that embrassing video and saying fans didn't like him.

Fans.... As in my family, who are in fact fans of the Detroit Lions. Man you'll go a long way when you disagree with someone. PFF should track that maybe.

It's more likely fans don't know what they're talking about than PFF. You may dislike them, but I'll take the guys watching every snap of a player over the opinions of fans.

Further, I've watched every snap of two of Whitehead's games last year and I thought they reflected his PFF grade. That said, the Lions mostly had him in zone coverage, and I thought he looked competent. I'll echo the sentiment some have said about him being best at SLB in Guenther's scheme. He's most natural attacking the line of scrimmage and taking on blocks. He blew up a few run plays all by himself in the two games I watched.

Archived