Bringing that Steel Curtain Back Mock

Armsteeld2

Bye: Mike Mitchell, William Gay, Robert Golden, Darius Heyward-Bey

Restructured: Joe Haden, Vance McDonald, Cam Heyward, JJ Wilcox

Hi: MLB Lawrence Timmons, SS Eric Reid

I wanted to try something different.  I released some dead weight and others whom I felt weren't contributing much.  I gave Timmons a 2 year 4 million dollar contract.  Dude is vastly underrated and a monster taking on blockers.  He also is solid in pass coverage and an excellent blitzer.  Reid earned a contract similar to Barry Church which was 4 yrs and 26 million.  I also restructured Haden, Villanueva, McDonald, Heyward and Wilcox.  

RD1. Alabama LB Rashaan Evans 6'3 235:

RD2. SS Justin Reid 6'1 204 4.40: 

RD3. DL Da'Shawn Hand 6'4 297 4.83: 

RD5. Orlando Brown Jr 6'8 360 5.63:

RD5. CB Danny Johnson 5'10 185 4.44:

RD7. WR  Martez Valdes-Scantling 6'5 205 4.37:

RD7. RB Jordan Wilkins 6'1 217:

I like it.   Realistic and solid all around.

I would just outright cut Wilcox if we bring in Reid and draft....Reid (are they related?).   Find a cheaper backup. 

We need an OLB to replace Moats.  

Only pick I dont like is Orlando Brown.

Like Scantling. I almost took him in mine. Big and FAST. His flaws are correctable. The value on Hand is absurd but it seems like a luxury pick (as much as a 3rd rdr could be) considering we have Heyward and Tuitt. Are you predicting a Scheme shift or just depth? Seems to early for depth considering our other issues. Brown in the 5th is ok. I'd prefer to see what we have in Hawkins and use the 5th elsewhere but it's hard to complain about a 5th rdr. With all that said, this does seem like a Steeler type of draft and I wouldn't complain to much if it were to happen. 

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I would just outright cut Wilcox if we bring in Reid and draft....Reid (are they related?).   Find a cheaper backup. 

They are brothers.

45 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Like Scantling. I almost took him in mine. Big and FAST. His flaws are correctable. The value on Hand is absurd but it seems like a luxury pick (as much as a 3rd rdr could be) considering we have Heyward and Tuitt. Are you predicting a Scheme shift or just depth? Seems to early for depth considering our other issues. Brown in the 5th is ok. I'd prefer to see what we have in Hawkins and use the 5th elsewhere but it's hard to complain about a 5th rdr. With all that said, this does seem like a Steeler type of draft and I wouldn't complain to much if it were to happen. 

Scantling reminds me of a taller Heyward-Bey.  He produced with Quentin Flowers as his QB.  With Hand, I don’t see a position switch.  I just went for a highly productive player that won’t let the team down.  If you look at the numbers, Hand and Tuitt are almost identical.  I think Notre Dame was similar to Wade Phillips attacking 34 whereas Alabama DL were like the Steelers 2 gap read and react. Anyone remember Notre Dame with Tuitt?

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I thought of the guys behind Wilcox and Sean Davis and they may be replaced as well.  I think Keon Adams will replace Moats nicely.  He was injured all last year.  I did look for a late round pass rusher but decided to go a different route with the RB.

3 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Scantling reminds me of a taller Heyward-Bey.  He produced with Quentin Flowers as his QB.  With Hand, I don’t see a position switch.  I just went for a highly productive player that won’t let the team down.  If you look at the numbers, Hand and Tuitt are almost identical.  I think Notre Dame was similar to Wade Phillips attacking 34 whereas Alabama DL were like the Steelers 2 gap read and react. Anyone remember Notre Dame with Tuitt?

Yeah, Tuitt's year before he was injured was outstanding and I can see the similarities. So that's what I was wondering. Is Hand coming of the bench for Tuitt/Heyward or am I misunderstanding? 

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Yeah, Tuitt's year before he was injured was outstanding and I can see the similarities. So that's what I was wondering. Is Hand coming of the bench for Tuitt/Heyward or am I misunderstanding? 

Yes.  Hand will be a backup.  Heyward and Tuitt play way too many snaps.  We need reliable guys that will uphold their standards.

Just now, Armsteeld2 said:

Yes.  Hand will be a backup.  Heyward and Tuitt play way too many snaps.  We need reliable guys that will uphold their standards.

Ok, that's what I thought hence the "luxury pick" comment. If you were on the side of not spending that 3rd rdr on depth who would you be looking at? Just curious. 

I would not cry about Brown in the 5th.  I think with his recent Pro day numbers he will inch into the 2nd round.  He is Max Starks and will be a solid but unspectacular OT for 10 years.  His cement shoes will prevent him from moving to the left side.

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I would not cry about Brown in the 5th.  I think with his recent Pro day numbers he will inch into the 2nd round.  He is Max Starks and will be a solid but unspectacular OT for 10 years.  His cement shoes will prevent him from moving to the left side.

Zach Banner is similar in size and has been released twice since he was drafted last season.  What were your thoughts on Banner?

16 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Zach Banner is similar in size and has been released twice since he was drafted last season.  What were your thoughts on Banner?

I think Banner is lazy.  He may also be not smart.  He got drafted for his size but he can't stay with a team. I would have never drafted him at all.  

I think Brown will have much better technique ( due to his father) and hopefully will be smarter.  We can't read what is in their heads.

37 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Eric Reid will not be a Steeler for reasons I have brought up before which have nothing to do with his ability to play football.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22783800/free-agent-safety-eric-reid-says-protests-national-anthem-keeping-finding-new-team

Well no safety has signed yet. I got a little insider info on that I’ll share in another thread. 

Archived