Playing with new features

Woz

Feel free to play with the new features.

1. Maybe it will be useful
  2. Maybe not.
  3. Maybe it's a bug?
  • Who knows?
  • Unless you try,
  • you certainly won't.

BTW, if you guys find something interesting, share it with the rest of us.

The "Notify me of replies" thing for instance: that's handy. If you turn on alerts from your browser, you'll find out that someone responded right away (as well as get a point in your "bell" icon). It defaults to being off, but if you click on the "bell" and then "Notification" settings, you can change that. You can also change the email alerts. I personally turned my off, but to each their own.

41 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Does anyone know a way to go back a page on your cell phone without having to scroll all the way back to the top?

Back a page? Not that I can think of. Back to the listing, or to another unread topic have links at the bottom of the page though.

So, in case you missed it:

Some interesting things I just discovered over there including:

[spoiler]Spoiler tags![/spoiler]

Surprise!!

For the record, spoiler tags will not render at all in the editor and only sort of render in the Preview pane, but will render when you post.

BTW, if you were not aware, there are signatures on the forum. They're just turned off by default. To turn them on:

1. Click your user icon in the top right of the forum.
  2. Click "Account Settings"
  3. Click "Signature" when the new page loads.
  4. Check the "View signatures?" option.

Obviously, if you want to have a signature, this is where you would put it. Do note the restrictions:

• Maximum of 1 image
  • Images are no bigger than 600 x 120 pixels
  • Maximum of 2 lines

For those on mobile phones, you won't see any sigs. I don't know about tablets, but I suspect they may follow the phone settings.

Archived