Raiders Sign CB Rashaan Melvin

RaidersAreOne

Melvin could be a great get in this scheme after his strong season. He looked quite focused and he has the body, skill set to be a good one. I really like his scheme fit as well.

With that said his future might not be with us. After another strong year he could command a pretty big contract at 29. I guess we won't re-sign him for top dollars.

This is why I feel quite strong about an early CB selection. The Conley-Melvin-Rookie trio could be a really good one and after we let Melvin walk we can have a young duo for years for much cheaper. Obviously there are lot of IFs in this idea, but I like it anyway :)

On 3/22/2018 at 3:58 AM, Rolni said:

Melvin could be a great get in this scheme after his strong season. He looked quite focused and he has the body, skill set to be a good one. I really like his scheme fit as well.

With that said his future might not be with us. After another strong year he could command a pretty big contract at 29. I guess we won't re-sign him for top dollars.

This is why I feel quite strong about an early CB selection. The Conley-Melvin-Rookie trio could be a really good one and after we let Melvin walk we can have a young duo for years for much cheaper. Obviously there are lot of IFs in this idea, but I like it anyway :)

Don't rule it out. I don't see us letting a corner playing at a very high level walk, especially if we pull an amerson and resign him mid season.

Archived