Sign in to follow this  
johndeere1707

Bengals signings Preston Brown

Wow I did not expect this. Great signing. Looks like the Bengals are finally making competent decisions 

Good signing but IIRC he's good overall but not great in coverage.  So fits our LB mold perfectly. xD

I do like the signing.  Burfict-Brown-Vigil and Evans is a solid foursome.  Just get some additional depth behind them.  Also, I know I'm in the minority but I'd love to see Evans in a starting role...

49 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Good signing but IIRC he's good overall but not great in coverage.  So fits our LB mold perfectly. xD

I do like the signing.  Burfict-Brown-Vigil and Evans is a solid foursome.  Just get some additional depth behind them.  Also, I know I'm in the minority but I'd love to see Evans in a starting role...

Evans was a beast preseason. I'm excited to see what he can do in the new defense.

He took a 1 yr deal to go elsewhere and we have dire need for LB's. What's that tell you ?

He's a very slow 2 down MLB he will never make plays behind the LOS, and a severe liability in coverage.

I was just about to come on here and rant about how I wanted them to either sign another o lineman or somebody for the defense that isn’t a third week retread to really open up the draft for bpa. The football gods are smiling on the bengals today!

30 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

He took a 1 yr deal to go elsewhere and we have dire need for LB's. What's that tell you ?

He's a very slow 2 down MLB he will never make plays behind the LOS, and a severe liability in coverage.

He hates Buffalo.

Apparently the Bengals will be making some moves to clear some cap space according to Hobson. 

They are also looking at backup QBs to bring in

More I read up, he is very similar to minter. Tackling machine but a run stopper. Not really good in coverage. Not sure why we continue to sign the same player st LB every year. Isn’t that the definition of insanity