Allen Hurns being released?

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’ll never forget 2015 with him and A-Rob. I thought we were set at the WR position for a while.

The Allen Brothers. Gone but not forgotten.

Unfortunate it was cut short by injuries.

With ARob gone especially, i don't really love this, if that's what's happening.  We always knew it was a possibility, if not a likelihood.  But Lee/Moncrief/Dede/Cole isn't altogether amazing.  Hurns can be a very useful contributor when healthy, if they're just going with this smorgasbord of mediocrity approach.

15 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

With ARob gone especially, i don't really love this, if that's what's happening.  We always knew it was a possibility, if not a likelihood.  But Lee/Moncrief/Dede/Cole isn't altogether amazing.  Hurns can be a very useful contributor when healthy, if they're just going with this smorgasbord of mediocrity approach.

It's no worse than what we had last season, and is probably better if they stay healthy given the number of games missed by Lee, Hurns, and dede.

37 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

It's no worse than what we had last season, and is probably better if they stay healthy given the number of games missed by Lee, Hurns, and dede.

Agreed Hurns at 7 mil a year when often injured is not sufficient production. I don’t know why people keep crying over spilled milk ARob is gon and it should ease your mind knowing you just made it to the playoffs without him. Time to let go folks.

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

it should ease your mind knowing you just made it to the playoffs without him.

We went to the playoffs without him. We also had an obscenely healthy roster outside of that, which won’t happen every year. The more good players you have, the more injuries you can sustain having.

6 minutes ago, iPwn said:

We went to the playoffs without him. We also had an obscenely healthy roster outside of that, which won’t happen every year. The more good players you have, the more injuries you can sustain having.

Defensively we were. Our WR position was heavily injured/out most of the year though. thanks I'd definitely expect better luck in the health department this year in that department. Fournette was limping most of the year and we were using a healthy dose of Ivory who is now cut and didn't play in the playoffs due to how poorly he played as well.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Defensively we were. Our WR position was heavily injured/out most of the year which is the position we're talking. I'd definitely expect better luck in the health department this year. Fournette was limping most of the year and we were using a healthy dose of Ivory who is now cut and didn't play in the playoffs due to how poorly he played as well.

And still, the team as a whole was extremely healthy. Outside of ARob, all expected starters on the team missed something like 10 total games. That’s obscenely healthy. Even factoring in ARob and counting him at 16 games, I will guarantee that we have more games missed on offense by starters this year than we did last season.

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

And still, the team as a whole was extremely healthy. Outside of ARob, all expected starters on the team missed something like 10 total games. That’s obscenely healthy. Even factoring in ARob and counting him at 16 games, I will guarantee that we have more games missed on offense by starters this year than we did last season.

Hurns was out an extended period. Dede was out the first 9-10 games. Lee had stretches of being hurt. Fournette limping through week 7 or so on. Cam Robinson battled and obviously was unhealthy but an injured Cam was miles ahead of Wells. Linder was out a couple games.

Idk. Technically as far as games played it was ok, but we were in a terrible spot/guys played poorly who played through those injuries most of the time. We just didn't have quality depth and they toughed it out.

Archived