Failed physicals?

LoganF89

Just now, LoganF89 said:

Apparently breeland cut his foot in a non foortball related injury and it got infected, sources say he’s a few months away from being able to pass a physical... hard hit for Bree 

Okay, at least this sounds like a legitimate failure at a physical. A really crappy situation to be sure, but at least legitimate.

Just now, LoganF89 said:

If we resigned him would he have to pass a physical with us?

From my understanding teams sign contracts contingent on the player passing a physical.  However, the team can decide what do to based on the doctor's recommendation.  So essentially he can be signed by anyone but that team will be taking the risk that he's healthy.  He'll get a deal but he'll likely have to come down on his asking price.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

From my understanding teams sign contracts contingent on the player passing a physical.  However, the team can decide what do to based on the doctor's recommendation.  So essentially he can be signed by anyone but that team will be taking the risk that he's healthy.  He'll get a deal but he'll likely have to come down on his asking price.  

His three year deal probably just fell to a one year reclamation deal. Throwing him a 1y/$3-4M deal might not be the worst idea here.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

His three year deal probably just fell to a one year reclamation deal. Throwing him a 1y/$3-4M deal might not be the worst idea here.

I feel like we need to make a move to at least offer something, would love to have him back instead of DRC, breeland was really good in the slot last year

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40017830-4

Cornerback Bashaud Breeland told me he cut the back of his left foot while in the Dominican Republic on March 4th. Said he will need to have skin grafted to repair the injury as he did when first injured in the fourth grade. He didn't believe the injury to be serious, that he could still walk on it. He said it never was an issue through high school, college or while with the Redskins.

Hrmm ...

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Sounds pretty significant if he needs skin grafted and will be out for several months. 

Vet min deal ;) 

Keep in mind, the Redskins have a vested interest in helping him rehabilitate his value. If they lowball him because they can, he could just as easily go somewhere else for the same money (or a bit more). That will further hurt the Redskins reputation with the player & agents and help whichever other team he signs with. On the other hand, if they give him a reasonable deal (say $3.6-4M, which would represent a ~100-125% pay raise), they get a very good player who might even re-sign with them in 2019 out of gratitude, or gets back to the 3rd/4th round compensatory pick level for the 2020 draft. All of that is to the good.

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

I feel like we need to make a move to at least offer something, would love to have him back instead of DRC, breeland was really good in the slot last year

Fuller played the slot, Breeland and Norman played outside but Breeland does have some experience in the slot unlike Moreau and Dunny.

Archived