Eagles Release DE Vinny Curry (Saving $9M Base Salary)

Nabbs4u

5 minutes ago, marky_b27 said:

They knew we were up against it - we had no leverage.

This.

Once a team knows it’s either trade or release, in most cases they decline to trade and wait until they’re released. This is why I hate leaked info like this.

2 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Don’t get this move unless another move was coming. We were already good with salary with all of our moves. Something is gonna be followed up on. I see us signing a tight end or safety

Maybe give a 29-year old BG a much needed extension? 

He was due some money or apart of his money became guranteed Sunday or whatever. Thus the move now. His high salary made him basically un-tradable. I'm guessing Howie didn't want to handcuff more money in case he needs the space for whatever reason. Whether he has something in mind or not. So, he's released. Everyone saw it coming. It would have been nice to use him for a trade up in the draft but he comes with a hefty salary. He'll get some money. Been saying Tampa. He'll land on his feet and some team will get a solid end. Thanks for the SB bruh. 

Here's the link since Nabbs was too lazy. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921781/article/eagles-to-cut-dl-vinny-curry-after-declining-pay-cut

However, it doesn't specify that Curry was cut with June 1st designation. We only save 5 Million. This leads me to believe that is a move with next year in mind, perhaps to be able to have the money in order to retain Brandon Graham.

Archived