Eagles Release DE Vinny Curry (Saving $9M Base Salary)

Nabbs4u

Sad to see him cut. It's true he wasn't finishing plays at the rate he was expected, but he never played on third down. 6-7 sacks wouldn't have been unreasonable.

On a sidenote i am really worried about our 2019 cap situation. We are ~20m over the cap and and there are a lot of guys due for an extension.

Graham

Darby

Hicks

Ajayi

Agholor

Obviously not everyone is going to ve resigned, but still cause for headache.

4 hours ago, furti said:

Sad to see him cut. It's true he wasn't finishing plays at the rate he was expected, but he never played on third down. 6-7 sacks wouldn't have been unreasonable.

On a sidenote i am really worried about our 2019 cap situation. We are ~20m over the cap and and there are a lot of guys due for an extension.

Graham

Darby

Hicks

Ajayi

Agholor

For that headache, take 2 Rings and call me in the morning 

Graham will get resigned. Agholor has a 5th year option, so he'll be back.

The other 3 could likely be gone. But Eagles have depth at CB, RB's of Ajyai's caliber arent tough to find. The draft may tell some of the story of how they feel about Hicks' future

4 hours ago, furti said:

Graham

Darby

Hicks

Ajayi

Agholor

Where do you see that? I see we have 570 thousand for next year. We have 5 mill now which can carry over and we have cuts to make next year like Jason peters, and McLeod, plus cap probably goes up another 5-10 mill. We’re good atm.

Unfortunately, this will be one of the few Howie contracts that didn't pan out. I liked the deal when they gave it to him, it was rich, but we were paying for his potential.  Unfortunately, he never seemed to put it all together. Good rotational guy, improved against the run significantly during his time here, but still too inconsistent. 

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/videos/videos/Press-Pass-Vinny-Curry-/31b66a45-3bc6-4bfb-871a-496becf41cf7

Highly suggest you guys go back in time and watch Curry's introductory press conference. It's a nice trip down memory lane.

It hits you right in the feels... especially at around 7:35.

Edit: Love hearing him talk about being an underdog at 3:18 too. Meant to be.

Archived