Packers signed Kyle fuller to an offer sheet; Bears matched & locked him up with new 4-year deal

49erurtaza

8 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Totally agree. I think we see a vet FA signing like Tramon Williams and potentially a trade as well. We need to add probably 3 players to that group we currently have. 

After Ward I don't like the rest of the corners at 14, but adding another edge guy would help the secondary too. A lot of the value for corners this year looks to be that 20-40 range

The best thing Green Bay could probably do right now is a trade for a CB.

and even then, I don't think that should stop them from going CB in round 1. Kevin King might be alright, but nobody else on that roster should be trusted to see a lot of playing time.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Even with a FA signing, they were already anticipated to draft one at least semi-high.  They're expected to take at least one even if they sign a veteran CB, and they'll probably draft two.

Do you still have any CB's left on the roster from last year that have potential to become a good starter?

Edit: I just read SteelKing728's post above and remembered King.  What do Packer fans think about him?

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Do you still have any CB's left on the roster from last year that have potential to become a good starter?

Edit: I just read SteelKing728's post above and remembered King.  What do Packer fans think about him?

High on him if he has a healthy shoulder.

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The best thing Green Bay could probably do right now is a trade for a CB.

and even then, I don't think that should stop them from going CB in round 1. Kevin King might be alright, but nobody else on that roster should be trusted to see a lot of playing time.

Perhaps. But would sure be nice to upgrade/ get younger at EDGE rusher.

15 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Kevin King is clearly the best of the bunch, so depending on what you think about him goes a long way towards the position.  We got spoiled last year with the play of Tre'Davious White and Marshon Lattimore.  It's rare we see one CB come out and play at a near elite level, let alone two rookie cornerbacks.  Kevin King played pretty much how we anticipated he would.  Some up, some down, and most of the time somewhere in the middle.  The Packers shut him down towards the end of the season to operate on his shoulder that he's been playing with since college, so if he can stay healthy the sky is the ceiling for him.  Behind him, there's not much.  Of the rest of the bunch, Lenzy Pipkins is probably the "best" of the bunch and he's probably not much more than your dime back.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Kevin King is clearly the best of the bunch, so depending on what you think about him goes a long way towards the position.  We got spoiled last year with the play of Tre'Davious White and Marshon Lattimore.  It's rare we see one CB come out and play at a near elite level, let alone two rookie cornerbacks.  Kevin King played pretty much how we anticipated he would.  Some up, some down, and most of the time somewhere in the middle.  The Packers shut him down towards the end of the season to operate on his shoulder that he's been playing with since college, so if he can stay healthy the sky is the ceiling for him.  Behind him, there's not much.  Of the rest of the bunch, Lenzy Pipkins is probably the "best" of the bunch and he's probably not much more than your dime back.

Honestly though, you throw in a guy like Rollins, a former second round pick, we really don’t know what to expect from him under a new DC. Two guys who left here and sky rocketed all pro level in Hyde and Hayward show Capers could very well have been holding talent down. Don’t get me wrong, in no way shape or form should we be counting on anyone outside of King, but fact is we don’t really know how these guys will look. 

1 minute ago, Ketchup said:

Honestly though, you throw in a guy like Rollins, a former second round pick, we really don’t know what to expect from him under a new DC. Two guys who left here and sky rocketed all pro level in Hyde and Hayward show Capers could very well have been holding talent down. Don’t get me wrong, in no way shape or form should we be counting on anyone outside of King, but fact is we don’t really know how these guys will look. 

At this point, if we get anything out of Rollins I'll be ecstatic.

The DC situation is something that may help your corner situation quite a bit.  Your new DC will likely be an upgrade over Dom Capers, so maybe he can work with the players currently on the roster and get a lot more out of them.  Capers was good in his day, but it just seems like the game had evolved and passed him up.  Good coaching and a more modern scheme could improve your defense without having to give it a total makeover.

Archived