Packers signed Kyle fuller to an offer sheet; Bears matched & locked him up with new 4-year deal

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Nice work Gute. Win/Win scenario here.

i dont see the win hee for the packers unless they get him. They either do on a deal they offered or the bears keep him on the deal gb offered. if its such a horrendous deal that its be a win for the bears to have to pay, how is it a positive that gb would have to pay it if chi doesnt match?

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i dont see the win hee for the packers unless they get him. They either do on a deal they offered or the bears keep him on the deal gb offered. if its such a horrendous deal that its be a win for the bears to have to pay, how is it a positive that gb would have to pay it if chi doesnt match?

The Bears tagged him because he's had a limited amount of time playing like the value he wanted. Thus you give him a year, and if he plays as well as he did in 2017, you pay him long term. Now that choice is off the table if from he struggles again now you're left with his long term deal.

Now sure the Packers could end up with him now and he could struggle, but at this point our CBs not named Kevin King that will be ready for TC are Lenzy Pipkins, Josh Hawkins and Herb Waters. So the risk is worth it.

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So they offered him a multi year deal i presume? Thats how all this works right?

We really don’t know what the offer is but Fuller would have little reason to sign anything but a multi year offer sheet. 

Archived