Green Bay signs Fuller to offer sheet; Bears match

AZBearsFan

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think we have more cap space than they do, but I'm sure they structured it in such a way so as to kind of F us.

Either way, don't care, we're in good shape.

Probably some weird clauses regarding guaranteeing future money at certain points or something like thst. GB had to be able to reasonably fit it under their cap too.  Guessing he got Malcolm Butler money. Good for him. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Probably some weird clauses regarding guaranteeing future money at certain points or something like thst. GB had to be able to reasonably fit it under their cap too.  Guessing he got Malcolm Butler money. Good for him. 

I hope he got Butler money. Butler only got 12.1/year, whereas the transition tag was 12.9/year. 

The only way i can see a contract screwing us if it it his heavily BACKLOADED, where we might have less space in the future, especially with future contracts like MT10's

19 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I hope he got Butler money. Butler only got 12.1/year, whereas the transition tag was 12.9/year. 

The only way i can see a contract screwing us if it it his heavily BACKLOADED, where we might have less space in the future, especially with future contracts like MT10's

That makes sense to screw us, but doesn’t make sense to Fuller, unless all they guaranteed was JUST the back end of the deal which basically guarantees it all. But again it’s gotta be a deal they can be able to take on themselves. That would be entirely unprecedented though. The agent negotiating that doesn’t want to burn bridges with teams either and I’m sure his agent has a ton of other clients too. 

Disagree with those angry about this though. This is exactly why you give the transition tag when you have $80M in cap space. Fuller gets to set his market and you get a long term deal knowing it’s likely at a bit of a premium price. Even if he gets Trumaine Johnson money the market confirmed that he’s worthy of that. That’s gonna be what he would have been targeting going forward all along so you were paying that or losing him eventually anyway. This is the end game of playing it out in a way that’s palatable to both parties. By using the transition tag the Bears were tacitly saying they’d pay him the market rate. Now they just need to pay it off. No big deal - just the decided upon process to get what the long term deal in place they wanted anyway. 

I was reading the Packers have about 15m in Cap space my guess is that the contract won’t be bad and we still have nice cap space. If I’m Pace I wait the 5 days so the Packers are stuck.

According to Rap the Bears are matching, like most of us expected.

Side note, but not completely unrelated.  I really cant stand the new score.  I never really liked Mully & Hanley, i really liked spiegel & parkins, and i couldnt stand what had Bernstein & Goff had become.  Now spiegel is gone, probably my favorite guy along with Parkins.  Now theyve stuck Parkins with Danny Mac and its unlistenable.  Mac actually said on the radio that Kyle Fuller misses far too many tackles.  Folks hes saying that the cb who probably was the best tackling cb in the nfl last year missed too many tackles.  He also said that Fuller played poorly against AJ Green, which if i recall Green didnt catch a single ball against fuller.  He brings up the lack of takeaways, which is fair but completely poo poos the 22 pds.  And then neither guy nor the producers apparently can even get the facts about transition v franchise right. Thank goodness for Lawrence Holmes. 

10 minutes ago, Pdogg said:

I was reading the Packers have about 15m in Cap space my guess is that the contract won’t be bad and we still have nice cap space. If I’m Pace I wait the 5 days so the Packers are stuck.

EXACTLY what I was going to say.  See if you can make th withdraw and sign someone else or they miss on the beat prospects available. 

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

According to Rap the Bears are matching, like most of us expected.

Side note, but not completely unrelated.  I really cant stand the new score.  I never really liked Mully & Hanley, i really liked spiegel & parkins, and i couldnt stand what had Bernstein & Goff had become.  Now spiegel is gone, probably my favorite guy along with Parkins.  Now theyve stuck Parkins with Danny Mac and its unlistenable.  Mac actually said on the radio that Kyle Fuller misses far too many tackles.  Folks hes saying that the cb who probably was the best tackling cb in the nfl last year missed too many tackles.  He also said that Fuller played poorly against AJ Green, which if i recall Green didnt catch a single ball against fuller.  He brings up the lack of takeaways, which is fair but completely poo poos the 22 pds.  And then neither guy nor the producers apparently can even get the facts about transition v franchise right. Thank goodness for Lawrence Holmes. 

Bernstein is an insufferable prick.  He and Boers (and now Goff) treat everyone like crap and are bullies.  I hated him before and still do now.  

McNeil is a total meatball.  No intelligent thoughts come from him.  

The best sidekicks to these guys do not silence them on the air.  No one can fix what they bring.  

I tune in to the score at 7:40 every morning (my kids school drops off at 7:40) and listen to the guests (Biggs, Gammons, Heyman, etc.) and if I can catch Brian Billick or Matt Miller in the afternoon I do, but there is no point to listening to the radio personalities.  

And, BTW, the Score is a beacon of light compared to ESPN 1000, which is somehow worse than all the above mixed together.  

/End Rant

1 minute ago, jumbo said:

Bernstein is an insufferable prick.  He and Boers (and now Goff) treat everyone like crap and are bullies.  I hated him before and still do now.  

McNeil is a total meatball.  No intelligent thoughts come from him.  

The best sidekicks to these guys do not silence them on the air.  No one can fix what they bring.  

I tune in to the score at 7:40 every morning (my kids school drops off at 7:40) and listen to the guests (Biggs, Gammons, Heyman, etc.) and if I can catch Brian Billick or Matt Miller in the afternoon I do, but there is no point to listening to the radio personalities.  

And, BTW, the Score is a beacon of light compared to ESPN 1000, which is somehow worse than all the above mixed together.  

/End Rant

Im a long time waddle guy and they at least talk sports on espn1000.  I cant tell you how many times ive turned on the score to hear political talk.  Thank goodness webby doesnt allow that here.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Umm... am I missing something or is this freaking awesome!? We basically have him for 2 years and $18 million!

Im looking at it and granted i dont have the structure in front of me but that seems like a great deal and im now wondering if the Bears sent fuller up there to waste gbs time and cost them other cbs.  Ik thats probably totally meathead.

Archived