Green Bay signs Fuller to offer sheet; Bears match

AZBearsFan

Just now, vike daddy said:

this much i already knew, but thank you.

so.... did the Packers really want Fuller? were they just trying to drive his price up to you? and then didn't drive it up far enough, is that what happened?

its a little odd. they definitely did want him, because if we didn't match they would have signed. I've read that the 18 Million guaranteed hits in like, 2 weeks (like a signing bonus) PLUS he will be getting his 2018 salary, which is why people are seeing different numbers for this year

i dont think they were driving up his price. yeah, 14/year is a lot, but if we franchised him he would have been starting at 15/year, so its really not bad. transition gives him the ability to show him what his market is, which proves 14/year (more than malcolm butler, surprisingly), and allows us to sign him to a contract we didn't have to negotiate ourselves.

i did see somewhere that we were only offering 10/year, but who actually knows.

so.... then it seems what they really did was to accelerate the signing, between Fuller and the Bears, which has to be seen as a benefit to your team. thus why the Bears decided within hours to sign Fuller at the terms Green Bay basically negotiated FOR you? is this correct?

because if so, then they were trying to hurt you, but ended up helping you.

right?

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

According to Rap the Bears are matching, like most of us expected.

Side note, but not completely unrelated.  I really cant stand the new score.  I never really liked Mully & Hanley, i really liked spiegel & parkins, and i couldnt stand what had Bernstein & Goff had become.  Now spiegel is gone, probably my favorite guy along with Parkins.  Now theyve stuck Parkins with Danny Mac and its unlistenable.  Mac actually said on the radio that Kyle Fuller misses far too many tackles.  Folks hes saying that the cb who probably was the best tackling cb in the nfl last year missed too many tackles.  He also said that Fuller played poorly against AJ Green, which if i recall Green didnt catch a single ball against fuller.  He brings up the lack of takeaways, which is fair but completely poo poos the 22 pds.  And then neither guy nor the producers apparently can even get the facts about transition v franchise right. Thank goodness for Lawrence Holmes. 

Side note, but completely unrelated: I had Taco Bell like an idiot before work and all through my shift I was feeling pretty awful then this attractive female coworker said we ought to do this tradition where we do a shot of this crazy nitro coffee that's like coffee mixed with coffee mixed with cocaine apparently and it was kinda like a speedball. The Taco Bell had me low and the nitro coffee had me bouncing off walls so I was in a weird weird place. 

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

can you guys explain to this dumb Viking fan what the heck happened, and why it's good for the Bears?

Basically, the Bears offered him a contract before hand and Kyle didn't like it. Instead of Bears throwing a FU in his face and giving him an FA tag....they reasoned with him and gave him a transition tag. This left him outs(test the market) while also not allowing him to leave the Bears without a fight. (edit; pretty much)

The good thing about this whole ordeal regarding the Packers(and the other team that was refused) was that their offer set the bar for Fuller and allowed him to see what his interest and worth was had he have hit the FA market. This opened up the negotiations for him and the Bears to come to an agreement. 

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

so.... then it seems what they really did was to accelerate the signing, between Fuller and the Bears, which has to be seen as a benefit to your team. thus why the Bears decided within hours to sign Fuller at the terms Green Bay basically negotiated FOR you? is this correct?

because if so, then they were trying to hurt you, but ended up helping you.

right?

They were kinda playing with fire trying to get him without the funds for it. Essentially seems like they wanted him but also wanted to burn us but in the process helped us out a bit because the guaranteed money we ended up giving him was low because GB couldn't quite go overboard with it in their offer. 

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Side note, but completely unrelated: I had Taco Bell like an idiot before work and all through my shift I was feeling pretty awful then this attractive female coworker said we ought to do this tradition where we do a shot of this crazy nitro coffee that's like coffee mixed with coffee mixed with cocaine apparently and it was kinda like a speedball. The Taco Bell had me low and the nitro coffee had me bouncing off walls so I was in a weird weird place. 

Taco Bell followed by strong coffee. I hope your workplace has sturdy toilets.

Archived