Ravens sign Michael Crabtree to 3 year deal

paraven

Will be interesting to see the numbers. I like the signing, probably the best receiver Joe has had in terms of pure talent. (age considered)

EDIT: 3 years 21 mil, 15 mil in first 2 years, 11 mil gauranteed, per Rapoport

4 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Can we all make a verbal agreement right now that in the future we don't say "Joe Flacco never had a #1 WR to throw to!" after this signing? Or is Crabtree going to be thrown in with Mason/Boldin/Sr. as "guys who were past their prime so they don't count"?

You are really stretching this. 

And the answer is no.

Getting a guy coming off a 618 yard season who was the #2 to (the overrated IMO) Amari Cooper is not getting the true #1 we've never had.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

I didn't mean to say he's better than Mason, I just am really tired with us signing these types of guys and then a couple years later everyone says Flacco has never had any weapons to throw to.

Huge move of the goal posts there.

Flacco's never had a true #1 WR. Shouldn't be a hot take.

Can we all make a verbal agreement right now that in the future we don't say "Joe Flacco never had a #1 WR to throw to!" after this signing? Or is Crabtree going to be thrown in with Mason/Boldin/Sr. as "guys who were past their prime so they don't count"?

If the ravens draft a decent wr in the first 2 rounds, then no flacco will have no excuses for this year 

I didn't mean to say he's better than Mason, I just am really tired with us signing these types of guys and then a couple years later everyone says Flacco has never had any weapons to throw to.

Sorry. My comment was for the OP. You hadn’t responded yet when I went to write. The comment about how Crabtree is better than any of the other receivers.

Just think Mason was more productive coming into the team and was the same age as Crabtree is now. So I was asking him to explain being of that opinion.

5 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

??

He’s rocking the Bruno Mars hairstyle.? 

I guess we’ll see how this goes. Not a fan of his having led the league in dropped passes. Maybe he’ll be better here.

At least he’s not a punk. He should be able to handle the physicality of the AFC North, unlike a guy like Jeremy Maclin.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

He’s rocking the Bruno Mars hairstyle.? 

I guess we’ll see how this goes. Not a fan of his having led the league in dropped passes. Maybe he’ll be better here.

At least he’s not a punk. He should be able to handle the physicality of the AFC North, unlike a guy like Jeremy Maclin.

He comes in with a reputation, yes. Maybe this offense needs some of that Crabtree swag to get it going next season. 

I am a little sad though. Would've loved to see Steve Smith opposite this dude. Would've been entertaining as hell. 

Archived