Dorsey learning from mistakes (FA Edition)

buno67

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Which is exactly what we will gain from trading down, especially if it's with BUF. 

Yes, but I did not say that all prospects in round 1 are equal.  Its for the team to decide, if there is an elite prospect at 4, do they take him, or pass and trade down to attain multiple very good prospects instead.

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

Yes, but I did not say that all prospects in round 1 are equal.  Its for the team to decide, if there is an elite prospect at 4, do they take him, or pass and trade down to attain multiple very good prospects instead.

What I think you are missing is that there will be no prospect at 4 with the possible exception of Barkley who is elite, much less more valuable than multiple picks later in R1 and possibly 2019.

Just now, bruceb said:

What I think you are missing is that there will be no prospect at 4 with the possible exception of Barkley who is elite, much less more valuable than multiple picks later in R1 and possibly 2019.

Again, I disagree, and it doesn't matter what either of us believes, it matters what the team's management believes.

Just now, DizzyDean said:

Again, I disagree, and it doesn't matter what either of us believes, it matters what the team's management believes.

Not what they believe...only if what they believe aligns with facts.

12 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

lol and suddenly, your opinions are in line with facts?  When the heck did that happen?

Hardly just my opinion.

With the possible exceptions of Barkley and Nelson, there will be no HOFers at 4.

Personally, I would like to us trade it down to BUF for #12 this year and their 1 and 2 next year.

I do not want any part of #22.

Just think: Last year Hueball wanted Hooker at 12, and Watson went there instead.

Who do you see this year who compares to Hooker and Watson at 12, much less at 4?

ok, Ima channel my inner Bonanza here... WHERE IS YOUR CONCRETE PROOF ABOUT WHO WILL BE IN THE HALL OF FAME FROM THIS DRAFT CLASS!  Making such a statement about the hall of fame, before these guys have even been drafted is just foolish, I am sorry but it is what it is.

ok, Ima channel my inner Bonanza here... WHERE IS YOUR CONCRETE PROOF ABOUT WHO WILL BE IN THE HALL OF FAME FROM THIS DRAFT CLASS!  Making such a statement about the hall of fame, before these guys have even been drafted is just foolish, I am sorry but it is what it is.

Just answer the question and you might gain some perspective.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Hardly just my opinion.

With the possible exceptions of Barkley and Nelson, there will be no HOFers at 4.

Personally, I would like to us trade it down to BUF for #12 this year and their 1 and 2 next year.

I do not want any part of #22.

Just think: Last year Hueball wanted Hooker at 12, and Watson went there instead.

Who do you see this year who compares to Hooker and Watson at 12, much less at 4?

As to who I like, Barkley obviously, Nelson if we thought Bitonio could shift to Tackle.  Fitz, Ward, Mayfield, Allen, Rosen, Darnold, Chubb, and several others have a legit argument for being worthy of 4.  It really depends on if one of them sets themself apart from all others to the TEAM, not to me, not to you.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Just answer the question and you might gain some perspective.

I was in the process, be patient brother.  I know that you are hanging on every word that I type, but chill out, it will get there.  :-D

I was in the process, be patient brother.  I know that you are hanging on every word that I type, but chill out, it will get there.  :-D

Sorry, but you were drifting to expand your position as you usually do.

Thought it might help to get you refocused.;)

Archived