Klomp

So right now, our WR corps is....

Adam Thielen
Stefon Diggs
Laquon Treadwell
Stacy Coley
Cayleb Jones
Brandon Zylstra

Thoughts? Would this be a spot to add a special teams/return guy for the last spot on the active roster? Draft or FA?

I don't want to completely dismiss the possibilities for Zylstra, even if he'll probably get a year on the practice squad. I actually really like the potential of all our 4-6 guys, even though they maybe aren't household names.

1 hour ago, rpmwr19 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a top three round pick at the position. 

i'm liking christian kirk if he's there at our second pick. i'm assuming calvin ridley won't be there at 30 and this year's receiving class is shallow so jumping on one of the better ones at the end of the second round would be a good way to get a solid 3rd/4th receiver for this season.

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Talking about Wright.

i don't really understand this. we cut him and there was ~$2 million in dead salary and it freed up a little less than $3 million. so even if we sign him for like $1-$1.5 million it only saves $1-$1.5 million at the end of the day, but he will likely get a deal bigger than $1 million. 

it just seems like a lot of trouble to save $1 million of cap space. i think they're much more likely to just keep the ~$3 million they opened up.

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

So right now, our WR corps is....

Adam Thielen
Stefon Diggs
Laquon Treadwell
Stacy Coley
Cayleb Jones
Brandon Zylstra

Thoughts? Would this be a spot to add a special teams/return guy for the last spot on the active roster? Draft or FA?

Great top two. Very thin after that. I am glad some of you have seen things to give you faith in Treadwell but I have no faith in him. I hope those of you that still have more hope for him than I do will end up being right.

I know very little about judging WRs other than seeing if they are getting separation and if they are making the catches thrown there was. Treadwell has a lot of trouble separating and hasn't been great catching the ball consistently when it is thrown to him. My only reason for hope is my belief that some people here know a lot more than me on the topic. I don't know routes well enough to tell you if a WR ran the right or wrong route. I can only judge how clean they are with their cuts based on whether they make DBs look silly; not based on actually watching the break.

Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph accounted for over 60% of the team's targets last year. I know the perception was that Keenum didn't look elsewhere, but I also think a team's top options will always get a bulk of the targets. I don't really see that dropping, especially since that includes the two missed games from Diggs.

From there, it's up to the other options to be productive in their somewhat limited opportunities. Opportunities for targets will open up with McKinnon's departure (68 targets in 2017), but a bulk of those will likely go to Cook, who was on pace for a similar target share before his injury. Another chunk of targets are also available after the departures of Wright and (I'm assuming) Floyd. Those could be handed to Treadwell, one of the other young guys, or even spread among the top three options.

5 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph accounted for over 60% of the team's targets last year. I know the perception was that Keenum didn't look elsewhere, but I also think a team's top options will always get a bulk of the targets. I don't really see that dropping, especially since that includes the two missed games from Diggs.

From there, it's up to the other options to be productive in their somewhat limited opportunities. Opportunities for targets will open up with McKinnon's departure (68 targets in 2017), but a bulk of those will likely go to Cook, who was on pace for a similar target share before his injury. Another chunk of targets are also available after the departures of Wright and (I'm assuming) Floyd. Those could be handed to Treadwell, one of the other young guys, or even spread among the top three options.

Well...typically the top 3 targets take the bulk of the targets. It’s more just the fact it was fixed to get them open. It will be the same, but now if they aren’t open Cousins is good enough he won’t have to be forced to just have to make the throw to one of them. 

Archived