Jump to content
Klomp

All abouts the wideouts

Recommended Posts

I'm fine cutting Wright. Good player but I want to see Treadwell get more opportunity. I feel like he is going to have a big year if he gets on the same page as Cousins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 3rd WR could emerge from the current roster, but a prospect should be drafted.  I'm not sure if it makes sense to use the 1st or 2nd rd picks, unless a great prospect drops due to a run on other positions. 

I wouldn't panic and make a 'forced error' like Williamson because Cousins may spread the ball around more, Cook and Rudolph will get many targets, and vets are going to be available after pre-season cuts if the current WR corp doesn't pan out as hoped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect the Vikings to draft someone with very good deep speed. 

We really don’t have anyone who can take the top off the defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I expect the Vikings to draft someone with very good deep speed. 

We really don’t have anyone who can take the top off the defense. 

Diggs has that ability, he can get behind a secondary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Diggs has that ability, he can get behind a secondary.

Well yes, but he’s best when he can be gaining 10-12 yard chunk plays, maybe those 15 yard out plays. You want one of those type of players that will just run by people. Someone like Pettis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Well yes, but he’s best when he can be gaining 10-12 yard chunk plays, maybe those 15 yard out plays. You want one of those type of players that will just run by people. Someone like Pettis

Exactly. Both Diggs and Thielen have the ability to get deep, but it’s not where they excel. 

We need someone who can get deep, creating open zones in the middle of the field for Diggs and Thielen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we trust Treadwell, then there is no need to spend a high pick on a WR.

We have a 5th, 3 6th round picks and a 7th this year. Use one of those picks on WR. We have other priorities with our first 3 picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bermuda Viking said:

I definitely expect a WR to be drafted and a TE.  James Washington WR OK State is intriguing to me.

Never draft OK State wideouts... ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laquon Treadwell has already been fighting an uphill battle with Minnesota Vikings fans with nearly being a non-factor in his two seasons with the team after being a first round pick in 2016, but he may have just crossed the line with a cryptic tweet.

Hours after news dropped that the team had released Jarius Wright, the young wide receiver took to social media to post a message that can be interpreted any number of ways given recent events with the Vikings.

"Snakes don’t (hide) in grass these days, they wear suits," Treadwell posted.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Bolt/Laquon-Treadwell-posts-cryptic-tweet-after-roster-moves-116353663

 

ruh roh....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid on Treadwell's part..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Laquon Treadwell has already been fighting an uphill battle with Minnesota Vikings fans with nearly being a non-factor in his two seasons with the team after being a first round pick in 2016, but he may have just crossed the line with a cryptic tweet.

Hours after news dropped that the team had released Jarius Wright, the young wide receiver took to social media to post a message that can be interpreted any number of ways given recent events with the Vikings.

"Snakes don’t (hide) in grass these days, they wear suits," Treadwell posted.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Bolt/Laquon-Treadwell-posts-cryptic-tweet-after-roster-moves-116353663

 

ruh roh....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why anyone cares what these guys do or say, as long as they aren't hurting others....

They should add a WR, but I hope they worry about starters early in the draft, like OL and CB before WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×