All abouts the wideouts

Klomp

If the Vikings are "all in" this year for the Super Bowl, what would be wrong with trading Treadwell and a 4th round pick to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald?  I know he's not the threat he once was, but on this team he wouldn't have to be.  He'd be the guy that moves the chains.  Arizona isn't going anywhere this year...they need to rebuild.  Treadwell is young and draft choice is currency for a rebuilding team.

29 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

what would be wrong with trading Treadwell and a 4th round pick to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald?  

You mean, aside from his $11M salary that they wouldn't be able to fit under the cap?

As long as we're dreaming, how about we trade Treadwell and a mid round pick for Antonio Brown?

30 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

If the Vikings are "all in" this year for the Super Bowl, what would be wrong with trading Treadwell and a 4th round pick to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald?  I know he's not the threat he once was, but on this team he wouldn't have to be.  He'd be the guy that moves the chains.  Arizona isn't going anywhere this year...they need to rebuild.  Treadwell is young and draft choice is currency for a rebuilding team.

I suspect a large obstacle would he getting Fitzgerald to agree to it. He has wanted to finish his career in Arizona. Still, Minnesota has a better shot than anyone of luring him considering he is from MN and the team is a contender. As @Krauser points out Fitzgerald's salary is prohibitive too. That is too much to pay a WR3 even if the team can move around money to fit Fitzgerals under the cap for the year (and they could move money around to fit him this year but it would cost them retaining a good player later).

31 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I suspect a large obstacle would he getting Fitzgerald to agree to it. He has wanted to finish his career in Arizona. Still, Minnesota has a better shot than anyone of luring him considering he is from MN and the team is a contender. As @Krauser points out Fitzgerald's salary is prohibitive too. That is too much to pay a WR3 even if the team can move around money to fit Fitzgerals under the cap for the year (and they could move money around to fit him this year but it would cost them retaining a good player later).

I wasn't necessarily thinking beyond the 2018 season with Fitz.  I don't follow all the cap rules and regulations...nor, do I want to.  I just think this year could be his last chance at a championship...it appears that he will not be getting a chance to lift the Lombardi while in a Cardinals uniform anytime soon, if the last two weeks are any indication of what kind of team they have in Arizona.

Aldrick Robinson tied for the fourth-fastest time in the 40-yard dash at the 2011 NFL Scouting Combine. He clocked in at 4.43 seconds along with Leonard Hankerson and Torrey Smith. Falcons receiver Julio Jones finished just ahead at 4.39.

A former track star, Robinson also finished in the top 10 in the vertical jump (40 inches), broad jump (10 feet, 6 inches), 3-cone drill (6.65 seconds), and 20-yard shuttle (4.09 seconds).

https://www.vikings.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-vikings-wr-aldrick-robinson

Archived