All abouts the wideouts

Klomp

Something I want to point out is Stefon Diggs' demeanor. This dude is true team player, all he cares about is winning, he really doesn't care if he's he guy producing. I also love how much of a good sport he is. This dude congratulate defenders when they tackle him. Look at what he does to Antoine Bethea at 16:34.

52 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i said a year ago that by the end of his career he should be up to 40 or 50 catches a year!

nah, i love the guy. hope he gets it figured out. Cousins sure likes him and he didn't have any drops today. 3 targets, 3 catches.

Cousins is giving Treadwell his best opportunity to succeed. However, Treadwell's numbers aren't very impressive when put alongside the other third WRs that Kirk Cousins has played with. Maybe some of that is because Cousins has never had a top two as good as Thielan and Diggs but Cousins knows how to spread it around including to pass catching RBs and TEs.

I’d like to see them use Treadwell on more slants, posts, and hitch routes. Try and take advantage of his size. 

Also, they really need to stop putting him into motion next to the tight end. Every time they do that it’s a run play, and defense are teeing off on it. 

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d like to see them use Treadwell on more slants, posts, and hitch routes. Try and take advantage of his size. 

Also, they really need to stop putting him into motion next to the tight end. Every time they do that it’s a run play, and defense are teeing off on it. 

I noticed that too. He's a good run blocker, but its pointless to use him. like that when the defense already knows what we are going to do.

That's on coaching though.

23 hours ago, Klomp said:

Hennigan played for the Oilers from 1960-66, and appeared in five AFL All-Star Games. In 1961, he caught 82 passes for 1,746 yards, a pro record that stood until San Francisco’s Jerry Rice had 1,848 yards in 1995. Hennigan caught 101 passes (for 1,546 yards) in 1964, a pro mark that lasted until Washington’s Art Monk had 106 receptions in 1984.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/19/charlie-hennigans-family-watching-closely-as-vikings-adam-thielen-closes-in-on-an-nfl-record/

Charlie Hennigan first set the NFL mark with games of 113, 109, 101, 109, 272, 108 and 232 yards in the Houston Oilers’ first seven games of the 1961 season before going for only 78 yards against Denver. Thielen can break Hennigan’s mark next week against New Orleans. Hennigan died in December. According to Tomasson, nine members of Hennigan’s family watched Sunday’s Vikings game at a sports grille in Humble, Texas, toasting with a shot of tequila when Thielen topped the century mark.

Thielen:  “I’m just trying to help this team win games. I’m trying to do my part. There’s a lot of things I could have done a lot better. Maybe when I’m retired [the record might mean more to me.]” 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/21/adam-thielen-ties-nfl-record-with-another-100-yard-receiving-game/

Vikings rookie receiver Brandon Zylstra finally got his first career reception. Early in the third quarter, Zylstra caught a 23-yard pass on the right sideline and took it to the Jets’ 11. The Spicer, Minn., native played the previous two years in the Canadian Football League.

Zylstra: “That was pretty exciting, it’s something I’ve been waiting on for a couple of weeks. It’s fun to finally get a look.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/21/vikings-mike-zimmer-not-too-concerned-about-anthony-barr-xavier-rhodes-injuries/

There was a really nice article about Thielen in the Sunday Washington Post.  I am ready to say it....ADAM THIELEN IS A GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYER!!

Thielen has gone from mostly a special teams player when Bridgewater was the Vikings’ starter to one of the NFL’s top receivers. However, he reiterated Thursday there are still plenty of things he must work on, including blocking.

Thielen said he ‘wasn’t too happy with myself” at whiffing on a block in the second quarter of last week’s 37-17 victory over the New York Jets. Thielen said he got Stefon Diggs “killed on a bubble pass” that resulted in a 1-yard loss.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/25/vikings-adam-thielen-i-wouldnt-be-receiver-i-am-today-without-teddy-bridgewater/

I haven’t had an issue with Flip’s playcalling, as a whole. But he does have some tendencies that have gotten frustrating, as the plays have become predictable.

Putting Diggs in motion behind the QB at the snap is putting the defense on alert. Then giving him the ball 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage is just a recipe for failure, if not disaster. 

Same with the constant motioning of a receiver, generally Treadwell, in close to the tight end. Seeing Treadwell motion inside has been an easy tell for the defense that it’s going to be a run. 

On 10/22/2018 at 12:00 AM, SemperFeist said:

Used to be the same with Adam Thielen.

Archived