All abouts the wideouts

Klomp

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

No, you haven't missed anything.  But, vr did talk about the need for a blocking TE.  I just stated that O'Neill can fill that job, if it's actually needed...or potentially, they could certainly use Linval.  :D

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about it.

Maybe Treadwell could play te

On 11/5/2018 at 11:23 AM, vikingsrule said:

I wonder if a WR will be released to make room for Beebe, I'd guess that it would have to be Zylstra. It's crowded as it is.

Or perhaps someone like Roc Thomas is waived to make room for a 6th WR.

Roc Thomas could be moved to IR if we want to keep him.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

With Cook back it makes plenty of sense. Besides, Boone has out performed Thomas, who’s likely going to be a regular inactive with the other backs healthy.

I don't think Thomas has shown enough to fear that someone else will claim him to an active roster.

They don't need to waive anyone to make room for Beebe. They already waived Storm Norton and Beebe's already on the roster. 

They have 8 OL on the roster right now (Compton, Hill and Jones as backups). They started the year with 9. So there's room for a 6th WR now.

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Very good read. If it wasn't for that Green Bay game, I think everyone would be quite hyped about our Top 3. 

But at the end of the the day Treadwell is a third WR, I'd certainly hope that first round picks would be valued more highly to find starters. Obviously no one knew Thielen would break out and become a top 10 WR, but when we evaluate if the pick was good in hindsight, it will be hard to justify it. Treadwell didn't do much in the game Diggs missed this year. I can't see MN picking up the fifth year option on him.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

But at the end of the the day Treadwell is a third WR, I'd certainly hope that first round picks would be valued more highly to find starters. 

Treadwell has played about 65% of the snaps this year. He's a starter.

Treadwell certainly hasn't lived up to first round status or expectations, that's obvious.

but given our top 3 WR's are a 1st, a 5th, and a UDFA does it really matter? you lose some and you win some when you draft. when it comes to receivers, we have definitely won.

19 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Treadwell certainly hasn't lived up to first round status or expectations, that's obvious.

but given our top 3 WR's are a 1st, a 5th, and a UDFA does it really matter? you lose some and you win some when you draft. when it comes to receivers, we have definitely won.

NO!!! YOU MUST HIT ON EVERY SINGLE PICK, EVERY SINGLE TIME! OTHERWISE RTP HAS FAAAAIIIILLLLLED!

Chad Beebe, fresh off his NFL debut against the Lions, is now prepping for his first career regular-season road game. It just so happens it will take place at Soldier Field, which is only 50 miles from his hometown of Aurora.

Beebe: “That’s where I’m from, so I went back home and saw some family and friends I hadn’t seen in a while. It’s home, and I’m excited go to play the Bears. It will be a lot of fun, I’ve got a bunch of people coming.

Zimmer: “Remember how Diggs was when he was a rookie and he’d come out here and catch balls all over the place before we finally got him active? It’s kind of been that way with Beebe. I’m not saying they’re the same guy, but over the course of time he continued to show that. He comes out here and beats guys, he’s always caught the ball good and has always had confidence.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-wr-chad-beebe-excited-for-chicago-homecoming

• 2 weeks later...

Archived