All abouts the wideouts

Klomp

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I think the biggest issue with Treadwell is that he doesn’t have that natural instinct on how to get open after his initial route. 

Watching the all-22 on game pass, Treadwell actually does a good job at getting open with his initial release/route, but being the #3 WR, he’s rarely looked at during that initial break. It’s after that initial break in the route where things seem to breakdown for Treadwell. He doesn’t have the speed to keep consistent separation against man coverage, and he does a poor job of finding an open/soft spot against zone coverage. All in all, he doesn’t make himself a very good target for the QB. 

Worst part is, in reality... we was drafted to be the first look type of player. We just don’t do that, and it doesn’t fit. Go back to Norvs offense, he would be used. Sort of like what DJ Moore is doing right now. 

But with Diggs and Thielen he is just too far overshadowed. 

I have been the biggest supporter of Treadwell, but going back to Stefanskis offense, which has been pretty similar to Shurmurs play calling, he will be innefective. 

In reality, if this offense keeps up, a big bodied WR really won’t be a need, id just prefer another complete route runner with speed, not worried about size. 

This offense needs another WR. Robinson still isn’t a WR 3 in this offense, Bebee is struggling to stay healthy, and Zylstra also isn’t a complete fit. 

Hardest part is players that probably would be a decent fit for us in free agency also can’t stay healthy. Cobb and Enunwa would be fun here, but Cobb is losing it and can’t stay healthy, Enunwa hasn’t stayed healthy, but he would be a great #3 here. Absolutely wouldn’t be shocked to see us target a WR in rounds 2-4.

23 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Hardest part is players that probably would be a decent fit for us in free agency also can’t stay healthy. Enunwa hasn’t stayed healthy, but he would be a great #3 here. Absolutely wouldn’t be shocked to see us target a WR in rounds 2-4.

yeah just look in the draft

Stefon Diggs is 26 yards away from his first 1,000-yard season after several relatively close calls in the last two years. Last year, Diggs had 849 yards receiving but missed two games. In 2016, he had 903 yards and missed three games. His final chance to become a 1,000-yard receiver will come against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.

Diggs: “It’s cool. It’d be dope, but I’m trying to win, bro. Hopefully it’ll shake the way it’s supposed to shake, but I want to win.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Notebook-For-Stefon-Diggs-1000-yard-season-would-be-dope-126945327/

Archived