All abouts the wideouts

Klomp

There’s no way they’ll get rid of either Thielen or Diggs if they keep playing like they did last year. They’re the 2 most valuable non-QBs on the offense. They earned Case Keenum $36M and got Pat Shurmur another head coaching job.

Rudolph, Remmers and even Reiff would go first, if it came to that, or else one of the vets on defense.

23 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Jarius Wright said Saturday the door isn’t closed on a return to the Vikings. The 28-year-old receiver was released Friday so the Vikings could carve out more salary-cap room for free-agent signings. He had two years left on his contract.

Wright:  “It’s not out of the question. But it’s the NFL. We’ll have to see what happens. It wasn’t a big surprise, they had come to me and let me know that it was a possibly with some of the contracts they were looking at. They kept me updated. But I love Minnesota. I would love to come back, so you just never know what will happen.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/17/jarius-wright-says-theres-a-chance-he-could-re-sign-with-vikings-at-lower-salary/

@SteelKing728

This is why you don't typically see a lot of animosity by the players against the organization.  They don't blindside their players, like some organizations do.  

On 3/19/2018 at 9:39 AM, disaacs said:

This is why you don't typically see a lot of animosity by the players against the organization.  They don't blindside their players, like some organizations do.  

i find it a little interesting that we signed wright to his extension, he barely played the following year (including only two games with norv as OC), then has a bit of a breakout year last season when he played more down the stretch and now he's signed - by the team with norv as OC.

we signed him to an extension only for him to play behind both patterson and charles johnson and now he looks to be a full-time starter with the panthers. i'm happy for him, i just find it an interesting career arc.

Wright’s biggest issue for playing time was that he is a slot only type of receiver. That’s a problem when the majority of your career is spent in an offense that rarely utilities 3 receiver sets. Then, he was pretty much doomed by the emergence of Diggs and Thielen. Two receivers who can play very effectively on the outside, or from the slot. 

Best of luck to him. 

Archived