Sign in to follow this  
Lionized

Lions sign RB LeGarrette Blount

I did it, I like it better then going for gore, Murray or whatever other rb we were looking at, he looked good in Kelly green last yr.

1 year $2 million deal with incentives to move up to $4.5 million. I love it for many reasons.

I don't mind this.  I wanted it to happen 3 years ago so just a little late.  He is the type of back we need for sure.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I don't know, Plays poorly out of the shot gun, not exactly a team fit with the offense, does what the lions need as a bell cow type runner though. Still hope they draft at RB early cause I'm not counting on just Blount. I don't hate or love it, just kind of like Meh....

I'm just a little put out too. Very disappointed in the offseason moves so far.

Edited by SimbaWho

I like it. The money is reasonable. It’s one year and Blount has looked okay when I’ve watched him.

I'm worried that they've pigeonholed themselves into having to go TE and RB early, but the DL is in desperate need of help. I don't know if I've liked the approach this off season so far. Maybe Suh is in the plans?

1 minute ago, ManeLine said:

I'm worried that they've pigeonholed themselves into having to go TE and RB early, but the DL is in desperate need of help. I don't know if I've liked the approach this off season so far. Maybe Suh is in the plans?

I understand your concern but I think they still have flexibility. It wouldn’t surprise me to see them take a RB in the first but they have good options in the first, second and third. TE I expect late rounds or UDFA. 

The DL does need work. I’m not sure how I feel about Suh. He doesn’t seem to have the motivation he used to have.

Excellent move by the FO here one of the best situations for rb this year in FA. Love the player love the contract

11 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I'm just a little put out too. Very disappointed in the offseason moves so far.

Yeah, thats not news to anyone.

IMHO, this is a much better option than signing Frank Gore, who can't have much tread left on the tires at this point.  I like this move for the Lions.

Fun fact Blount has about half the number of carries than Gore does.