Bucs sign C/G Ryan Jensen 4/$42M

bucsfan333

36 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Agree with others, I doubt Sweezy gets cut now.

If we do cut him, it won't be due to money. We payed Evan Smith $4M last year to play half the snaps as a reserve. It would be due to his lack of versatility. 

I also don't think we can cut him now without an injury settlement.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we do cut him, it won't be due to money. We payed Evan Smith $4M last year to play half the snaps as a reserve. It would be due to his lack of versatility. 

I also don't think we can cut him now without an injury settlement.

Agreed it will be because of lack of versatility in relation to cap hit.  Plus it was easier to hold onto vets for depth when there were very few 2nd contracts on the team.  Assuming this team continues to draft at even an average rate, the days of having 2 reserve olinemen eating close to 6 million in cap is over.

8 hours ago, What_The_Buc said:

Hope his attitude rubs off on Donovan and Ali. Really applaud Licht for getting the deal done. I remember watching the Dolphins Ravens game when Alonso laid the dirty hit on Flacco and I wanna say it was Jensen to go after Kiko Alsonso right away before  because mauled by a pile of Dolphin players.

I just thought about it earlier and it's kinda weird...     Sweezy plays RG, Marpet plays RG/C, and Jensen G/C.   I don't know what side Jensen plays on but whos going to play LG.   It would be crazy to think to move marpet again to another position, and although it may seem easy it's super hard to adjust from left to right side or vice versa with an o lineman.  That kick step is crucial and its really hard to try and learn to kick step with the other foot.  Not saying its impossible but when your muscles have learned that movement for so long it's like trying to throw the football or writing with your non-dominant hand.

21 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I just thought about it earlier and it's kinda weird...     Sweezy plays RG, Marpet plays RG/C, and Jensen G/C.   I don't know what side Jensen plays on but whos going to play LG.   It would be crazy to think to move marpet again to another position, and although it may seem easy it's super hard to adjust from left to right side or vice versa with an o lineman.  That kick step is crucial and its really hard to try and learn to kick step with the other foot.  Not saying its impossible but when your muscles have learned that movement for so long it's like trying to throw the football or writing with your non-dominant hand.

This is all why I think Jensen gets plugged in at LG and Marpet/Sweezy stay put.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is all why I think Jensen gets plugged in at LG and Marpet/Sweezy stay put.

I dont know, PR kept reporting how Jensen preferred to play center, but Indy wanted him at guard.  They have written many times the plan was to move Marpet back to RG.  Certainly they could be wrong.  At this point, I wouldnt be shocked to see them sign Evan Smith to be the interior oline backup, and give Benenoch and a rookie compete to start at LG.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yea either Jensen goes center and Sweezy is cut or they put him at LG and marpet/sweezy stay put.  Either way it will be an upgrade over last year so I can't be disappointed.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I dont know, PR kept reporting how Jensen preferred to play center, but Indy wanted him at guard.  They have written many times the plan was to move Marpet back to RG.  Certainly they could be wrong.  At this point, I wouldnt be shocked to see them sign Evan Smith to be the interior oline backup, and give Benenoch and a rookie compete to start at LG.

If we make another move for the interior of our line, then I'll believe we're gonna move Marpet to guard. 

Right now, Sweezy is the big weak link. And our decision makers (thus far) have deemed Sweezy as strictly a RG.

I see us moving Marpet back to guard. Probably back to RG but maybe they plan on making the move to LG for Marpet. He and Donovan are really close so that continuity could be good on the line. Also he played LT at Hobart so I’m sure he’s comfortable on the left side. Just a thought.

23 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I think we can cut Sweezy at any point so he’s not a given. I think the Bucs won’t force to have to add another guard in the second week of FA or the draft. If one falls into them they like them I can see Sweezy getting cut. 

He's currently got a leg injury. We'd probably have to pay him a settlement.

Archived