Texans sign S Tyrann Mathieu

Longhorns90

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Probably saw the writing on the wall, and wanted out.

Texans>>>>>Cards

Not what you want to hear, but probably the truth.

Yeah, I don't think he said I'm not gonna take a pay cut because I really want to play for the Texans lol. He probably thought he would get a better, long term offer. And seeing as he took a 1-year deal he probably still thinks he is gonna get more money than we offered over the next three years. 

Also there is a reason we asked him to take a pay cut, cause he was pretty average last year. People wanted him to stay because he was a fan favorite more than his play on the field.

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yeah, I don't think he said I'm not gonna take a pay cut because I really want to play for the Texans lol. He probably thought he would get a better, long term offer. And seeing as he took a 1-year deal he probably still thinks he is gonna get more money than we offered over the next three years. 

Also there is a reason we asked him to take a pay cut, cause he was pretty average last year. People wanted him to stay because he was a fan favorite more than his play on the field.

Don't deny most of that but I'm sure leaving Arizona given the obvious rebuild coming ,wasn't to hard of a decesion once asked to take the pay cut. Hence I'll take my chances elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Don't deny most of that but I'm sure leaving Arizona given the obvious rebuild coming ,wasn't to hard of a decesion once asked to take the pay cut. Hence I'll take my chances elsewhere.

just wanted to add that we won twice as many games as they did last year and Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert started more than half the games.

15 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:
26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

just wanted to add that we won twice as many games as they did last year and Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert started more than half the games.

But you're answer was to thensign/spend 26M on Sam "Made of Glass" Bradford and My abnormally long neck Mike Glennon as replacements? But hey, Take a pay cut, Ty. Take a pay cut?

On 3/16/2018 at 10:49 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Good pickup by the Texans. 

They needed help badly in the secondary. Tyrann and Colvin are good additions.

They still need a O-Line and I think that will hold them back.

Titans and Jags still 1/2 in the division.

The other 1/2 is Colts and Texans ;)

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

But you're answer was to thensign/spend 26M on Sam "Made of Glass" Bradford and My abnormally long neck Mike Glennon as replacements? But hey, Take a pay cut, Ty. Take a pay cut?

Not only on Bradford but also on strengthening our offensive line with Pugh and Andre Smith (yes I know that Smith has had some rough seasons) for our run first offense, when you're returning one of the best running backs in the game. How easily people forget that we didn't have a top 5 running back in the game last year due to injury. We won twice as many games, not only with Gabbert and Stanton, but also with no offensive weapons not named Larry Fitzgerald the entire year. 

Your answer, yes absolutely Sam Bradford improves our offense immensely. Yes Ty should have taken the pay cut. 

Also it was 24M ;) 

On 3/17/2018 at 6:40 PM, Broncofan said:

Andrew Luck is going to be coming back  in September and saying “I know it’s been almost 2 years since I last played but at least I face the AFCS secondaries...(looks at rosters)...what the hell?”  

lol man AFC south Defensive backfields are gonna be loaded up

On 3/17/2018 at 11:22 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

But let's not ignore the Texans had a LOT more in terms of key injuries. A three time DPOY, a 2nd team All Pro OLB, a former first round pick at WR, a former 1st round pick at CB and a dynamic rookie QB missed significant time last season. All three TEs on roster missed at least five games. 

There's little you can do when you're playing your 3rd, 4th and 5th options at certain positions, which the Texans had to do for large periods last season. It's not a stretch to say the Texans were one of the most injured teams last season, in terms of quantity of player and quality of player.

Yet, despite that - Texans beat the Cards, heads up. 

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

But let's not ignore the Texans had a LOT more in terms of key injuries. A three time DPOY, a 2nd team All Pro OLB, a former first round pick at WR, a former 1st round pick at CB and a dynamic rookie QB missed significant time last season. All three TEs on roster missed at least five games. 

There's little you can do when you're playing your 3rd, 4th and 5th options at certain positions, which the Texans had to do for large periods last season. It's not a stretch to say the Texans were one of the most injured teams last season, in terms of quantity of player and quality of player.

Yet, despite that - Texans beat the Cards, heads up. 

welcome to the nfl

Our starting QB missed 9 games, one of the three best RBs in the NFL missed 15 games, a 4-time Probowl guard missed 15 games, a double digit sack getter missed 12 games, a 1000 yard WR missed 6 games, our 1st round pick starting LT missed 11 games, our kick/punt returner/#2 RB missed the entire year,  etc. Those injuries had pretty big impacts on our team.

Well Honey Badger indirectly sure caused quite the Twitter war between Deion Sanders and S Keith Byard.  You know the 1st team All Pro S (lol).  

2 observations:

1.  Byard is now my favorite Titan lol. 

2.  Deion didn’t know who he was?  LOL.  After the Tony Romo episode he looks really, really bad here.  HoF player no doubt...pretty bush league commentary of late.  

Exchange started when Byard took issue with Deion calling Honey Badger the best safety in the game ...LOL

Pretty sure Deion only pays attention to the people he personally likes at this point in his career which is awful for an analyst who should at the very least be familiar with the players who are considered the best at their position.

8 hours ago, Malik said:

Pretty sure Deion only pays attention to the people he personally likes at this point in his career which is awful for an analyst who should at the very least be familiar with the players who are considered the best at their position.

That would require actual research/work? He's too busy pimping himself as the GOAT every chance he gets while being Uncle Deion to a select chosen few.

No surprise really.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:21 AM, 11sanchez11 said:

welcome to the nfl

Our starting QB missed 9 games, one of the three best RBs in the NFL missed 15 games, a 4-time Probowl guard missed 15 games, a double digit sack getter missed 12 games, a 1000 yard WR missed 6 games, our 1st round pick starting LT missed 11 games, our kick/punt returner/#2 RB missed the entire year,  etc. Those injuries had pretty big impacts on our team.

I have no doubt that the Cards have injury issues, but I stand by my statement - losing Deshaun Watson, JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilius is literally what led to the Texans going from a playoff team with Brock Osweiler at QB to a 4-12 record. In that five game stretch with Watson, the Texans were the highest scoring offense in the NFL, but they struggled to score 10/game with Tom Savage. With Mercilius working with Jadevion Clowney, the Texans were the #1 defense in 2016, 26th in 2017. And Watt is widely considered to be the best player in football when healthy, the only player in NFL history with two 20 sack seasons (and was 2.5 sacks away from a 3rd season in 2015).

Teams rarely lose three franchise players in a single season.

But, let's go back to Watson - one of the reasons Mathieu listed as a reason he signed with Houston. He's the defacto #1 in Houston now, a franchise QB who was on an MVP level run, not just an ROY level pace prior to his injury. It's a locked situation in Houston, can't say the same about a Bradford/Glennon/rookie QB room...and in the case of Mathieu (who did take less money than the $8mm restructure that Arizona offered) it made a difference.

Archived