Tyrann Mathieu to Houston

amazingandre

3 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

...and cutting Kareem would add $6.75m more.

I mentioned him as a wildcard in our new-look secondary, but I think it's fairer served that Kareem is a possible bargaining chip in any potential packaged deal to move up. 

Kareem + our Seattle third + a comped six to get into the 2nd round would be glorious.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:44 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Do these additions and better health get us back to a super bowl level D?

I honestly think Romeo calling the D is the biggest addition. It seemed like a lot of issues on the D was due to bad assignments, not underperformance (except for Kevin Johnson, he was a rare brand of bad). The secondary had holes you could drive a truck through - after a while, I have to think those gaps are more scheme related vs personnel related.

On 3/17/2018 at 6:05 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

I mentioned him as a wildcard in our new-look secondary, but I think it's fairer served that Kareem is a possible bargaining chip in any potential packaged deal to move up. 

Kareem + our Seattle third + a comped six to get into the 2nd round would be glorious.

I don’t thunk Kareem carries that kind of value 

On 3/19/2018 at 5:44 PM, texans_uk said:

Think he's referring to Kareem Abdul Jabar. 

My dad says he doesn't work hard enough on defense and that he doesn't really try... except during the playoffs.  

Of course, people have been saying that since his days at UCLA. 

Good co-pilot as long as you keep him away from the seafood.  Roger, Roger.

• 2 months later...

Ran into the honey badger last week at Prospect Park on Fountainview. Seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders. I wasn't overly impressed by his stature. He's a lot smaller than I imagined. Still an upgrade in the secondary, plus I believe this will be a big bounce back year for KJ. 

Archived