Raiders sign Tank Carradine

Humble_Beast

I think he is here to split the reps with Edwards.

Edwards will start at LDE and will rotate in at DT in nickel and dime for us! Tank will be his back up with the same duties. They will have a heavy rotation to keep them healthy and fresh IMO.

On 3/17/2018 at 7:07 AM, oakdb36 said:

He played much better when they switched to a 4-3. Base DE only. I think MEJ goes to 3T.

SE: Carradine

3T: MEJ

NT: Ellis

WE: Mack

Irvine is reportedly becoming a full time DE now. So where does he fit? 

Are we basing this all on Irvin’s tweet about not having to cover anymore? I was working at my side gig all day yesterday so I don’t know where this is coming from.

Is there a chance he is just going to be a situational pass rusher and is willing to take a pay cut? I have been a little more excited about our most recent signings but I’m not sure how we are going to afford all these guys. I’m sure Reggie has a plan but still.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Irvine is reportedly becoming a full time DE now. So where does he fit? 

Irvin in the nickel, Carradine in the base. As usual, we're going to be in the nickel more often than in the base.

Base:

SE: Carradine; 3T: MEJ; NT: Ellis; WE: Mack

Nickel:

LE: Mack; DT: MEJ; DT: Hester; RE: Irvin

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

Are we basing this all on Irvin’s tweet about not having to cover anymore? I was working at my side gig all day yesterday so I don’t know where this is coming from.

Is there a chance he is just going to be a situational pass rusher and is willing to take a pay cut? I have been a little more excited about our most recent signings but I’m not sure how we are going to afford all these guys. I’m sure Reggie has a plan but still.

Doubt we'll see a pay cut from him this year. If your situational pass rusher played more often than not (because we're in nickel often) and was properly rested, then went on to get 10 sacks, would it be bad value in today's NFL at 8 mil? Not really. 

Don't care what he is paid as long as we see the guy from the second half of last year and not the guy from the first half. If we see the second half guy it's worth it.

Archived