The 2017 Joe Blackburn Award Nominations (Browns HoF)

zelbell

What a better way to christen the new forum, then to honor the best posters the Browns forum has to offer as well as remember Crackburn, an inspiration to many of us here.

Some background:

Joe Blackburn served the United States as a member of the Marine Corps. He was also a lifelong fan of the Cleveland Browns. Ever the optimist, Joe cheered for the Browns through the good times and the bad times, patiently waiting for his favorite team to return to prominence. Fortunately for us, Joe started visiting Football’s Future, adopting the username of crakburn.  Crakburn’s intelligent posting style, combined with his courtesy for others and likeable personality, quickly earned him respect and admiration among his peer Browns fans. Before long, crakburn was asked to help moderate the Cleveland Browns forum. He was not only knowledgeable, but he also had a way of making people feel at home. 

One day, Joe received the terrible news that he had pancreatic cancer. Those who have had the unfortunate experience of knowing someone with pancreatic cancer know that it is an aggressive bastard of a disease. As a result, Joe was eventually placed into hospice, where it became evident that he was most likely fighting a losing battle. The members of Football’s Future (including non-Browns fans) were stirred and inspired by Joe’s story. Knowing that crakburn’s favorite Browns’ player was Joe Thomas, contacts were made to explore the possibility of Joe Thomas visiting crakburn at his home. Graciously and anonymously, Joe Thomas (and his wife) paid a meaningful visit to crakburn and his family one evening at his home. Not long after this visit, Joe Blackburn passed away. 

This thread is here to recognize the posters who contribute the most to our forum in terms of knowledge, sense of humor, and fostering community. It only makes sense to name it after our own Joe Blackburn (crakburn).

It's time to do the nominations for this year's class. We like to do the nominations by PM, so please do not post your nominees in this thread. PM them to myself or freaky, and we will compile the list of the top vote getters. As always, a public vote will determine this year's inductees. 

Nominate whoever you think contributes the most to the forum, based on the criteria mentioned above. Feel free to nominate up to 3 different people with your PM. 

Nominations will be open for two weeks (8/18)

The following guys are past inductees (so don't nominate them Smile ): 

• 64 CHAMPS 
  • ACDC_Rocks024 
  • Braylon4MVP 
  • Bonanza23 
  • Bucketheadsdad 
  • bulldog 
  • buno67 
  • candyman93 
  • cattleman78 
  • crakburn 
  • DaWg_LB. 
  • Dawgpound8017 
  • DawgX 
  • ditchdigger 
  • Estonianzulu 
  • fsubrowns9510 
  • Fulldawg78 
  • hornbybrown 
  • InTressleWeTrst 
  • K2fromtheU/Turkey Jones 
  • LETSGOBROWNIES 
  • NateDawg
  • malibuspeedrace
  • mistakebytehlak 
  • nugpimpen 
  • pmk 
  • pnies20 
  • ReggieCamp 
  • SwissMiss 
  • TeHDruiD 
  • Thomas5737
  • zelbell

6 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I do think that we should wait until the transition is made.

Plus, I think it would behoove us to have a list of those members who are not in the HOF as of yet.  

Maybe three weeks to vote? I believe the old forum is set to close next Saturday so that'll give us three weeks for nominations and then we can vote during the last week of preseason/first week of the season when we should see some pretty good activity around here

21 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Saw the list of who is in.  Who is eligible?  I can't even tell anymore.

Well I'm not sure but I'll take a shot in the dark and guess anyone who isn't on that list. xD

Need to look at the last couple years and see who was nominated but not enshrined, might be the best way. I know there is Bruce, Cheddar, FlaBrown, Scrabble, Freaky, Fumblebluntz (if he gets enough nominations to be put on the ballot I guarantee he gets in), some newer ones like BTC, DD, Mind etc... and some that I am sure I'm forgetting because I don't like them enough to remember them.

Archived