Browns Control the Draft Mock

TheeRealDeal

Trade #1 to New YorkG for #2, 2019 2nd and 2020 2nd
3000 to 2978 on Chart. New York wants Barkley to put with Beckham and Engram to give Eli a chance to put them back in playoffs. We convince them we're taking him unless they give up something.

Trade #2 and #64 to Buffalo for #12, #22, #53, 2019 1st & 3rd and 2020 2nd
2870 to 3042 on chart. Buffalo clearly has their eyes on someone specific and they pay up to make it happen.

1-4. Josh Allen QB Wyoming

By trading down at #1 and #2 knowing both teams were taking someone we didn't want we ensure ourselves of one of our top 2 choices. Indianapolis goes for Bradley Chubb and Dorsey gets his pick of the liter at QB. I believe Dorsey is going to pick the player with the most tools and highest upside. I am not a fan of Josh Allen but I am going to keep mocking him to the Browns until I get some kind of belief Dorsey will go another direction.

1-12. Denzel Ward CB Ohio State

QBOTF now on board we have the opportunity to add some top end talent to the back end of the defense. We take the top corner in the draft with plans on him taking away Antonio Brown.

1-22. Jaire Alexander CB Louisville

With Ward as the pick at #12 CB wasn't a pressing need but we are in a classic case of not wanting to force something that is not there. The LT market is an absolute joke. The only 2 WRs worth a Top 45 pick are gone to Arizona(D.J. Moore) and Baltimore(Calvin Ridley). The only good FS prospects went in the top 10 with James and Fitzpatrick. Not a RB worth the pick either and the only pass rusher on the board is Harold Landry. John Dorsey does the right thing and takes the best player on the board even though it was a double dip at CB in the 1st.

2-33. Billy Price OC Ohio State

Again we cannot force what is not there and there is still no LT worth a crap. WR is still weak and the next best RB just went #32 to Philadelphia(Ronald Jones). We take the best player on the board again and this time it could fill a need with JC Tretter in a make or break year IMO.

2-35. Taven Bryan DT Florida

The most explosive and disruptive interior lineman in the draft. Has some work to do but his quickness is undeniable and his upper body is explosive and powerful to disengage like not many.

2-53. Equanimous St. Brown WR Notre Dame

A big bodied WR who will start off as a red zone option on the outside. Insurance policy for Gordon and Coleman

4-114. John Kelly RB Tennessee

Physical style of play and good balance. He could take a short yardage role as a rookie or baring injury to Hyde could even end up as a starter and I wouldn't be too worried. Has an NFL body and NFL mentality running the ball.

5-150. Ade Aruna DE Tulane

Athletic freak with minimal football experience. Deep reserve to develop. If he hits but the time some of our DE's contract our expiring he could be a huge steal.

6-175. Alex Cappa OT Humboldt State

I don't know if he has the feet to excel at LT in the NFL but I love his mentality. He plays angry and tries to punch anyone who lines up across from him. The piss and vinegar style could lead to success even if he has to kick inside to guard. Either way he is worth a risk this late in the draft.

6-205. Chase Litton QB Marshall

Big strong armed QB who Dorsey wants in the fold to battle Kessler for #3 duties because he wants to rid the entire QB room of any hold overs, and for good reason.

Added some explosive young talent to the roster with incredibly high upsides and stocked the cupboard for the future.

2019 Picks
2(NYG).
3(Buf).
3(NE).

2020 Picks
2(Buf).
2(NYG).

Sign ::
Terrelle Pryor

QB Tyrod Taylor/Josh Allen/Chase Litton
RB Carlos Hyde/Duke Johnson/John Kelly
FB Danny Vitale
WR Josh Gordon/Equanimeous St. Brown
WR Corey Coleman/Terrelle Pryor
SL Jarvis Landry/Ricardo Louis
TE David Njoku/Darren Fells/Seth DeValve
LT Shon Coleman
LG Joel Bitonio/Spencer Drango
OC J.C. Tretter/Billy Price
RG Kevin Zeitler/Austin Reiter
RT Chris Hubbard/Donald Stephenson/Alex Cappa
DE Myles Garrett/Carl Nassib/Ade Aruna
DT Larry Ogunjobi/Taven Bryan
DT Trevon Coley/Caleb Brantley
DE Emmanuel Ogbah/Chris Smith
WB Christian Kirksey/B.J. Bello
MB Joe Schobert/Dominique Alexander
SB Jamie Collins/James Burgess
CB Denzel Ward/Howard Wilson
CB T.J. Carrie/Jaire Alexander/Jamar Taylor
NB Terrance Mitchell/Briean Boddy Calhoun
FS Damarious Randall/(Gigantic hole here but we cannot fill them all)
SS Jabrill Peppers/Derrick Kindred

I like the originality of the Giants trade, even if I don't see it as a high probability. I'm in the camp of Brian O'Neill or Noteboom at groomable LTs, although I also believe that a Center is in the cards, be it Price, Daniels, Ragnow, or my favorite later round center, Will Clapp, from LSU.

Two DB's feel reasonable, but in this scenario with the lack of opportunity for later pass-rushers in this draft, I'd bite the bullet and take Harold Landry over a 2nd CB in the first.

All in all, it may not be my ideal draft, not getting Darnold or Mayfield, but it's a good future set-up. However, this feels like a Sashi Brown draft, rather than a Dorsey draft with all the trade down scenarios. 

2 hours ago, Bernie's Curls said:

I like the originality of the Giants trade, even if I don't see it as a high probability. I'm in the camp of Brian O'Neill or Noteboom at groomable LTs, although I also believe that a Center is in the cards, be it Price, Daniels, Ragnow, or my favorite later round center, Will Clapp, from LSU.

Two DB's feel reasonable, but in this scenario with the lack of opportunity for later pass-rushers in this draft, I'd bite the bullet and take Harold Landry over a 2nd CB in the first.

All in all, it may not be my ideal draft, not getting Darnold or Mayfield, but it's a good future set-up. However, this feels like a Sashi Brown draft, rather than a Dorsey draft with all the trade down scenarios. 

Drafting to fill holes it what bad teams do that keeps them bad teams. Jaire Alexander is on a completely different level as a football player than Harold Landry. 

Also, for the record I am a Baker Mayfield guy myself. I am just saying that I feel Josh Allen is John Dorsey's guy.

Archived