Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

8 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Eagles D is very very good.  Rams have a solid D as well.

If you can't acknowledge that getting a franchise QB is very important to long term winning and a SB Championship then I don't think you have watched the NFL the past 20 years.

EDIT: Did you ever thing that we are not an offensive team because we don't have a QB.

6 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

No one shoots for having a bad QB or offense.  Do you think that Jax wouldn't have wanted a better QB?  The Vikings had the #1 D in the league and they just backed up the brinks truck for a QB because they knew that was their weak link.  Denver has the #3 D and they are going after QB hard which is part of the reason we traded up.  Philly has the #4 D and they traded more than we did to get Wentz, Arizona had the #6 D and they were another team looking to trade up and be aggressive for a QB.  No team WANTS a game managing QB, teams end up being ok with them if they can't find a franchise guy.

You guys aren't saying anything we don't already know. Do I want a journeyman QB for the rest of my football-watching days? Of course not. 

But if you guys aren't scared to death now that we are going to hitch our wagon to the WRONG guy, then you really, truly aren't Jets fans.

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Dallas had an established QB in Romo and licked out in landing Dak. Pretty sure Jax would rather have a promising young QB than a promising young RB.

They excelled with Zeke in there no matter who the QB was and failed without. Thats the truth.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

You guys aren't saying anything we don't already know. Do I want a journeyman QB for the rest of my football-watching days? Of course not. 

But if you guys aren't scared to death now that we are going to hitch our wagon to the WRONG guy, then you really, truly aren't Jets fans.

What guarantee was there that Goff or Wentz were gonna be good? The fact of the matter is the can't miss QB prospects only come around every 15 years or so and every team basically is gambling that their QB ends up the guy.

2 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

They excelled with Zeke in there no matter who the QB was and failed without. Thats the truth.

They had Dak there the whole time and struggled with him there this year. It's not 1970 it's 2018 and it's a QB driven league.

2 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I'd rather move up and be aggressive then sit back.  Can we be wrong? Yup.  But would rather jump up then sit back and say "whaos me" if we only would have traded up to get ____________

5 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

What guarantee was there that Goff or Wentz were gonna be good? The fact of the matter is the can't miss QB prospects only come around every 15 years or so and every team basically is gambling that their QB ends up the guy.

How many young, franchise QB's play for defensive head coaches? 

Curious.

9 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Scared or not, it has to be done IMO. We can’t just keep sitting tight and hope we somehow find a QB after not having one for two decades. Scared money don’t make no money. Hell maybe we even luck into the right QB because he’s the only option left at 3.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

How many young, franchise QB's play for defensive head coaches? 

Curious.

Over the past couple years Cam, Carr, Jameis, Luck, Wilson just off the top of my head as far as recent young QBs who were taken by defensive coaches. 

5 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Scared or not, it has to be done IMO. We can’t just keep sitting tight and hope we somehow find a QB after not having one for two decades. Scared money don’t make no money. Hell maybe we even luck into the right QB because he’s the only option left at 3.

I am just going to agree to disagree that this was the right move for this franchise at this time, I've said my peace.

10 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

If we miss then we will get a really high pick and draft another one.  And not stop until we find one.  No one would have accomplished anything in this world if their attitude was always, but what if I fail.  No QB would ever have been drafted highly, because... what if they aren't good.  This is a defeatist attitude.

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Over the past couple years Cam, Carr, Jameis, Luck, Wilson just off the top of my head as far as recent young QBs who were taken by defensive coaches. 

Not young but uhh Tom Brady 

Archived