Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

2 minutes ago, famousj said:

Let's be clear if Browns go Josh Allen and Giants go Saquan Barkley the pick for the Jets should be Sam Darnold, right?

I’m just hoping for anyone but Rosen ... tho haven’t read Allen’s tweets yet if they’re really bad dk if I’d still want him

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

These teeets are from 5 and 6 years ago when he was like a sophomore in High School. I highly doubt it affects anything in the draft for him.

I don't think it is a huge deal, but it is not nothing, especially the night before the draft.  For a guy with a ton of question marks on the field he was spotless off the field, this is at least a small spot.

7 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I don't think it is a huge deal, but it is not nothing, especially the night before the draft.  For a guy with a ton of question marks on the field he was spotless off the field, this is at least a small spot.

The NFL is on edge with race relations. I think it'll be something teams talk about. Teams are more willing to brush off drug abuse and stuff like that over anything that may give the slightest perception that a player is going to be a distraction in this race debate. Just think of the first question a reporter is going to ask the GM who drafts him : "did the tweets come in to play in your decision? Did you know about the tweets before yesterday? ....."

Eric Reid is an above average starting safety in this league and is only 26 years old. Why hasn't he been signed? Colin K may not be a starting level QB but is better than a lot of backups. Look at what happened to Incognito after the text messages. 

Bob McGinn’s mock, with Baker going #1: 

3. NEW YORK JETS-a: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

Rosen is new coordinator Jeremy Bates’ kind of guy. Previously, he has worked with pocket passers such as Brian Griese, Jay Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck and Josh McCown.

4. BUFFALO BILLS-b: SAM DARNOLD, QB, Southern California

In a projected trade with Cleveland, the Bills send the No. 12 choice and at least two second-round draft choices (Nos. 53, 56) to the Browns so they don’t have to play A.J. McCarron any longer than necessary.

8 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not related to the third pick, but Sony Michel is going to free fall

Teams would be dumb to let him free fall. These stuff gets over snaksyzed so much. Remember Ajayi free falling bc of a similar situation? And he’s turned out just fine. I’m more worried about s Michel’s fumbles then knee.

Also Guice could slip. All this talk about his interviews and questions he was asked and all might keep some teams away. Teams also might think his desire to be a rapper is bigger then his desire to play football. Just another name at RB that might slip.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Teams would be dumb to let him free fall. These stuff gets over snaksyzed so much. Remember Ajayi free falling bc of a similar situation? And he’s turned out just fine. I’m more worried about s Michel’s fumbles then knee.

Also Guice could slip. All this talk about his interviews and questions he was asked and all might keep some teams away. Teams also might think his desire to be a rapper is bigger then his desire to play football. Just another name at RB that might slip.

I don't think teams are dumb to pass on Michel's. He has bone on bone in his knee just like Ajayi. These guys will be good but for a very short term. These guys will not make it beyond their rookie contracts. There is nothing you can do about bone on bone in the knee. You just play until it wears down you lose a step and can't make those sharpe cuts. These guys then will become below average players with no upside. 

I hope the Browns do not take Mayfield. He is the guy I wanted all along. If we don't get him I hope it is Darnold. Come on Browns take Allen, Chubb or Barkley 1.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yeah, he probably can't play until he's 30, but given the shelf life of RB's, if he was there in the 3rd, i'd take him for 5 good years or so.

Also wouldn't surprise me on Guice.  He's also one of those guys that's not being talked about right now.

Archived