Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

9 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Outside of what anyone else may think, I just dislike USC QB's. None that I can think of have ever been spectacular NFL QB's. Plus, he doesnt appear to have much of a higher ceiling and if hes as good as hes gonna get now hes not going to be much better in the nfl.

He’s 20 and raw? If anything his ceiling is probably the highest 

no offense but that’s a really poor assessment 

8 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He's a former scout, but not a reliable source. Maybe the Jets prefer someone else, but I think Greg's words are a little strong. 

I think the Jets had Rosen above Mayfield all along. The question now becomes whether they have Darnold above Rosen or not. 

Either way, Maccagnan is so damn lucky when it comes to drafting with the 6th pick. 2015, Leo was the 1st or 2nd rated player on our draft board and landed him at 6. Jamal Adams was our 1st-2nd rated player on our board and landed him at 6. 

We get the 6th pick, and still may land our #1 QB at 3. Glorious. 

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He’s 20 and raw? If anything his ceiling is probably the highest 

no offense but that’s a really poor assessment 

The whole "this QB went to this school so I don't like him" rationale is the worst draft take in the history of draft takes.

6 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Decision making skills.

I suggest you look at his 2016 tape more. He was arguably the best decision maker in the country. I think what we saw this last year with him was him trying to do too much. He lost pretty much his whole OLine and most his skill position players. I think he tried to play hero early on, which lead to turnovers. You watch the last 9 games last year and he looked more like the guy he did in 2016. It was just the 1st 5 games where he struggled a bit. He’s young and learning. And that was a teaching lesson that now he knows. 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

The whole "this QB went to this school so I don't like him" rationale is the worst draft take in the history of draft takes.

Agreed. I guess we should have crossed Bosa off our board bc he was an OSU edge rusher and Gholston flopped for us. 

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I suggest you look at his 2016 tape more. He was arguably the best decision maker in the country. I think what we saw this last year with him was him trying to do too much. He lost pretty much his whole OLine and most his skill position players. I think he tried to play hero early on, which lead to turnovers. You watch the last 9 games last year and he looked more like the guy he did in 2016. It was just the 1st 5 games where he struggled a bit. He’s young and learning. And that was a teaching lesson that now he knows. 

We did this lets look at his tape from 2 years ago thing with Winston and he's still turnover prone. So I'm not going to ignore 2017.

I want Rosen over Darnold if they are both there. Rosen is just better at everything, aside from being able to scramble. I won’t be upset with darnold but I’ll be upset if we take a lesser talented QB with less experience over Rosen. 

6 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Josh Allen 1 ... Darnold 2 if Mayfield is gone at 1

I feel like Josh Allen is hot potato. I want Browns to take Allen at 1 so he's not an option for us. If Browns don't take him, each pick after will have tons of suspense. Each fan base hoping they don't take Allen. Lol

I can see Danorld falling to 4 & Browns getting a boatload of picks from a team like Buffalo.

The story of the draft would be Darnold falling out the top 3. I just don't see his personality fitting with us. We had him in last minute and everything but Rosen seems more our speed and our need. Hell, saw Adams & Jordan Jenkins yesterday giving Rosen props on twitter.

Archived