Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

The Cleveland Plain Dealer expects the Browns to select Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield at No. 1 overall on Thursday.

Joining the growing chorus expecting Mayfield to be the first player off the board, reporter Mary Kay Cabot says she believes it's "not a smokescreen." Cabot reported Wednesday that the Browns were down to Mayfield and Wyoming's Josh Allen. They've apparently made up their mind, or more likely, finally leaked the name they decided on long ago. We will find out in roughly five hours. 
Related: Browns

Apr 26 - 2:52 PM

This sucks I wanted Mayfield bad too. I asked my 4 year old son who he wants for a QB and i showed him pictures of Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield. He picked Mayfield and then I asked him who he likes that is left. He looked at me and smiled then said "That is all Daddy I don't like those two". I just laughed. Poor little guy will probably not get his wish like his dad. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer expects the Browns to select Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield at No. 1 overall on Thursday.

Joining the growing chorus expecting Mayfield to be the first player off the board, reporter Mary Kay Cabot says she believes it's "not a smokescreen." Cabot reported Wednesday that the Browns were down to Mayfield and Wyoming's Josh Allen. They've apparently made up their mind, or more likely, finally leaked the name they decided on long ago. We will find out in roughly five hours. 
Related: Browns

Apr 26 - 2:52 PM

This sucks I wanted Mayfield bad too. I asked my 4 year old son who he wants for a QB and i showed him pictures of Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield. He picked Mayfield and then I asked him who he likes that is left. He looked at me and smiled then said "That is all Daddy I don't like those two". I just laughed. Poor little guy will probably not get his wish like his dad. 

Your kid works for the Browns?

I have a bad feeling we are going to muck this up, badly. If Mayfield goes to Cleveland and Darnold goes to the Giants, we are pretty much screwed.

I also hate the idea of Barkley still being on the board at 3 and us passing on him for a QB. That could haunt this franchise (as if it's not haunted enough!) for several years. I know we need a QB but it's going to hurt seeing Barkley dominating. Isaiah Crowell and the QB will not make us forget about what might have been.

5 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I have a bad feeling we are going to muck this up, badly. If Mayfield goes to Cleveland and Darnold goes to the Giants, we are pretty much screwed.

I also hate the idea of Barkley still being on the board at 3 and us passing on him for a QB. That could haunt this franchise (as if it's not haunted enough!) for several years. I know we need a QB but it's going to hurt seeing Barkley dominating. Isaiah Crowell and the QB will not make us forget about what might have been.

We’re only screwed if Darnold and Rosen go 1-2 

If Rosen is sitting there and we don’t take him we’ve failed. Plain and simple. Assuming Baker goes #1. Sam Darnold is not as good of a prospect as Rosen. If Rosen is gone that’s one thing. If we take Allen I give up. Not to mention he’s not even a fit for this system. I don’t understand it. Hopefully the bates reports are bull.

Archived