Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

I'd actually be a bit surprised if 3 QBs went and the Browns passed on Barkley.  Also, who eould be trading up in that scenario and for who?

I’m sure a ton of teams would want Barkley. They have Hyde and Duke so they might not see the value there. 

Great move. Steep price but a price we needed to pay. The win is we still have a 1st next year. I think 2 of Darnold, Rosen and Allen will be there for us to choose from. Personally hoping Darnold. But I think all three will be better then Cousins in 3 years.  So a win for us. 

8 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

No you don’t. If you miss your guy, you’re screwed then

Thats the point though.  He would have to very very strongly know who Cle likes and who the Giants like. 

My guess is they know which QB cle is taking at #1 and that the giants arent trading out of #2. 

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

He’s also forgetting that we’ll have a ton of cap space next year as well

We keep pushing this off

We said coming into this offseason how much cap space we had and we didn't use it properly

Let's stop living in a fairy-tale world pls

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We go out and get Ebron or Eifert and a WR like Matthews and you will see me be a lot happier about this trade.

Getting Ebron and Matthews would make this offseason really good. Hoping we get at least one of those guys. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

He can’t control that though. He has 0 control over Cleveland or NYG trading away 1 or 2. I agree that there’s no way he traded up for Barkley. But Darnold and Rosen could be gone if Buffalo or Arizona jump is somehow. Then that makes for an awful trade.

I realize you all want a QB who could or could not be the answer on the bench rather than someone who can make a difference now, but look at the last few years Fournette, Gurley, Zeke... These guys made bad teams and average QB's look great. If Barkley is a consolation prize are you really losing out?

1 minute ago, KodiakThunder said:

Thats the point though.  He would have to very very strongly know who Cle likes and who the Giants like. 

My guess is they know which QB cle is taking at #1 and that the giants arent trading out of #2. 

I think he’s happy with at least baker and Rosen and confident at least one will make it

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

We keep pushing this off

We said coming into this offseason how much cap space we had and we didn't use it properly

How didn’t we use it properly?  Good lord. So we didn’t get Robinson or overpay for Watkins?  Who else?  Mathieu who didn’t want to play here?  We bolstered our D that was statically worse than our offense last year.  Added a solid RB and a solid center. We still have 30 mil in cap too. 

1 minute ago, jetfan8178 said:

I realize you all want a QB who could or could not be the answer on the bench rather than someone who can make a difference now, but look at the last few years Fournette, Gurley, Zeke... These guys made bad teams and average QB's look great. If Barkley is a consolation prize are you really losing out?

We aren't taking Barkley or Nelson. We are taking Darnold Rosen or Mayfield

1 minute ago, jetfan8178 said:

We didn’t trade up for a RB. I think if for whatever reason Darnold and Rosen we’re gone by 3. Macc would do everything he could to trade back.

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I’m sure a ton of teams would want Barkley. They have Hyde and Duke so they might not see the value there. 

He's the best player in the draft.  I don't think Hyde and Duke preclude you from grabbing him there.

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

We keep pushing this off

Exactly we’ve been saying for 2 decades we need WRs.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

How didn’t we use it properly?  Good lord. So we didn’t get Robinson or overpay for Watkins?  Who else?  Mathieu who didn’t want to play here?  We bolstered our D that was statically worse than our offense last year.  Added a solid RB and a solid center. We still have 30 mil in cap too. 

Oh, we replaced average or worse players with average or slightly better players at a couple positions

True

The only wow signing was Trumaine Johnson

Archived