Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

Rosen's concussion history is a concern. But most of these QB's probably have had concussions that have gone unreported. But at the end of the day, you have to take the player you think will help you win the most. Injuries can happen to anyone. Look at Wentz and Watson. I think Philly and Houston are still happy they have those two players.

47 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Idk what I’m missing with Darnold watching him I see him flash sometimes but doesn’t look like anything really special 

Darnold shows the best anticipation of any of the QBs in the class. Constantly throwing guys open and letting the ball loose before players make their cuts. A lot of turnovers  are from creative ways he's trying to throw a receiver open but does not account for an underneath coverage. But he has a knack for being able to throw open a receiver even when there's tight coverage. 

He's young and makes a lot of mistakes but they're not really "mental errors" in the way that Sanchez always had. His play demonstrates that he really understands the "geometry" of passing and how to read defenders, and you can easily project him to succeed with more experience. 

Making off platform throws is a skill by the way. You'd like QBs to have cleaner throwing mechanics in regards to their feet, but the guy can do that without it and there's value in that. 

9 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Darnold shows the best anticipation of any of the QBs in the class. Constantly throwing guys open and letting the ball loose before players make their cuts. A lot of turnovers  are from creative ways he's trying to throw a receiver open but does not account for an underneath coverage. But he has a knack for being able to throw open a receiver even when there's tight coverage. 

He's young and makes a lot of mistakes but they're not really "mental errors" in the way that Sanchez always had. His play demonstrates that he really understands the "geometry" of passing and how to read defenders, and you can easily project him to succeed with more experience. 

Making off platform throws is a skill by the way. You'd like QBs to have cleaner throwing mechanics in regards to their feet, but the guy can do that without it and there's value in that. 

I just feel i saw times where i thought he looked confused or his delivery looked seriously hesitant 

Completely agree on the off platform throws ... Aaron rodgers makes a living on them

10 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

I just feel i saw times where i thought he looked confused or his delivery looked seriously hesitant 

Completely agree on the off platform throws ... Aaron rodgers makes a living on them

Yeah he definitely does that. Fair criticism. Obviously you'd have to feel comfortable with him improving and seeing the field a little better to rank him high, but  I definitely get his hype.

This is the most interesting QB group I've ever tried to evaluate) not that I know all that much about evaluating). All 5 have very very interesting strengths paired with some kinda obvious weaknesses. And they're all very very different QBs. That's why I think the Jets must have some kind of idea who's going to be at #3. You definitely have an organizational preference for one of these QBs because they all make your offense totally different. 

If Allen lights it up on his pro day and mentally shows he can adapt to reading defenses, it's going to be really interesting. McShay has him as his #2. But if the Giants pick Rosen, we could end up picking between Baker and Allen. That's where things get interesting. 

Imagine the dancing and the trash talking between Jamal Adams and Mayfield at camp? Practice would be filled with energy. 

12 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If Allen lights it up on his pro day and mentally shows he can adapt to reading defenses, it's going to be really interesting. McShay has him as his #2. But if the Giants pick Rosen, we could end up picking between Baker and Allen. That's where things get interesting. 

Imagine the dancing and the trash talking between Jamal Adams and Mayfield at camp? Practice would be filled with energy. 

I think they would pick Allen. I dont think Mac can really justify trading up and taking Baker Mayfield nearly as easily as he could a Josh Allen. 

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I think they would pick Allen. I dont think Mac can really justify trading up and taking Baker Mayfield nearly as easily as he could a Josh Allen. 

That's pretty much where I'm stuck at. Baker made more NFL type throws and I can see Bates working well with him since he had experience working with Wilson. 

I'm telling you, the Jets traded to 3 because they knew the Giants weren't taking a QB. The Giants can still win with Eli Manning. Barkley and Nelson are the 2 best overall players in this draft, I think the Giants take one. I am thinking Barkley will be a Giant, hes a special talent at RB.  But Nelson grades as the best OL  to come out in a long time too. 

My guess is this.

1-Cleveland-Sam Darnold QB

2-Giants-Saquon Barkley RB

3-Jets- Josh Rosen QB

4- Cleveland- Quenton Nelson OG (might trade with Bills for a QB needy team)

5- Broncos-  Josh Allen QB

WHat is going to help the Giants more this season, drafting a QB or landing a star RB or OG?  That offense needs a RB too. I just can't see them passing up Barkley, hes a special talent. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Random thought: Green, Black, and Gold uniforms. 

everything but the gold. we need updated jerseys and back to kelly green. i would even settle for color rush with a white face mask and metallic logo, but kelly green. 

12 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

everything but the gold. we need updated jerseys and back to kelly green. i would even settle for color rush with a white face mask and metallic logo, but kelly green. 

Yeah, I would love Kelly green. I don't mind our current green, I just think we can do better. Baylor makes it look good. I was thinking about a third color, like gray or black. Something that looks good on primetime. 

I wonder if it will happen if the fans push for it on social media and get the players attention. I think it's time for a new logo.

Archived