Jets, Colts Swap 1st Round Picks

CWood21

The Jets are not messing around.  I wonder which QB they covet?  It's too bad they can't take some time to see how Teddy Bridgewater can do for them because I think he is good enough to be a franchise quarterback for them for the next 10+ years.  

This trade may put more pressure on the Browns to take a QB #1 overall because now there is a second team that is almost certain to take a QB between picks #1 and #4.  

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

The Jets are not messing around.  I wonder which QB they covet?  It's too bad they can't take some time to see how Teddy Bridgewater can do for them because I think he is good enough to be a franchise quarterback for them for the next 10+ years.  

This trade may put more pressure on the Browns to take a QB #1 overall because now there is a second team that is almost certain to take a QB between picks #1 and #4.  

For the Jets to make the trade they had to like 3 of the qbs enough to be fine with whoever is left for them. 

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If Buffalo (or another team) is willing to beat that kind of offer, that's not crazy to make at all.

Exactly.  For a great offer I would be more than willing to go with Eli for one more season and take the best QB in next year's draft.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

It's looking like Saquon will be falling to #4.

I'm still not buying the Giants going QB at 2. There's a rush for the top four guys, but guy #5 - Lamar Jackson, the most dynamic athlete of the group - can probably be had in the late first/early 2nd, striking distance for the Giants outside of 1.2 and well within their grasp.

Get Barkley, move back into the late first to get Jackson, let Eli start while Jackson redshirts - 2019, Eli retires and you have a refined Jackson walking into a lineup with Barkley, Odell, Evan Engram, Sterling Shepard and an OL led by Nate Solder. 

There isn't a Rosen or Darnold led lineup that's nearly as explosive as that. 

15 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Tell that to the Jeff Fisher led Rams.

He really is a garbage coach. How he have three QBs under him that looked like trash and then once he was gone they ALL ball out. 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

The notion that we should take a QB because we will never draft this high again is ludicrous. Should Chargers have drafted a QB two years ago instead of Bosa? 

Chargers had Rivers and wanted to keep the window open with him, your window with Eli is closed

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

A nice thing just happened to the Colts.  They just learned that you don't necessarily have to tank a season to improve your draft situation.  :P

Remember, the Colts are the ones who started the tanking trend when they "sucked for Luck" in 2012.

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Chargers had Rivers and wanted to keep the window open with him, your window with Eli is closed

It's not like any window is magically opened with any rookie QB at the helm. Being competitive and setting up for 2019 or 2020 should be the goal, and Barkley gets you closer to that vs Rosen or Darnold.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Remember, the Colts are the ones who started the tanking trend when they "sucked for Luck" in 2012.

Yep.  That's what I was referring to.  Seriously, though, it was a nice move by the Colts.  They may still be able to get whoever it was that they wanted.  Chubb?

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

Such a strange argument that's used all the time. Obviously if things go south they'll be top ten again.

I don’t think it’s likely it happens again. Also if they actually have one of these QBs rates highly, it wouldn’t make sense to pass on him.

Archived