I got a Chubb at 4 (nyj trades up to 3)

mistakey

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think he is starting to gain it back, it usually takes around this time to get back to that level. I saw the same thing, he looks a lot more bouncy now. Individual workouts will be key for him

Right on, I never really saw him pre-injury but I think his value is a projection on if he can ever get back to pre-injury form. For that reason he is sort of a gamble and I think that will ultimately push him out of the 2nd round into the 3rd, maybe even early 4th.

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think he is starting to gain it back, it usually takes around this time to get back to that level. I saw the same thing, he looks a lot more bouncy now. Individual workouts will be key for him

Exactly. I was very much down on Chubb at the start of the year and even dating back to pre-injury. I didn't think he was that explosive. But at the end of the year, he was hitting holes with major conviction. He showed speed and power and elite vision to run between the tackles. He maximizes every single yard that is available to him. This is why he reminds me of Frank Gore. Gore was never the fastest or strongest guy in the world, but he was good in both areas and had tremendous heart and urgency as a runner. On runs where guys like Royce Freeman would get -5, Chubb gets 3-4. He understands how to churn and battle for every inch out there and it's why I love him.

I know the combine is the combine, but didn't he time faster than Sony Michel, the supposed speed back out of the two? Chubb is a great interior runner.

Kalen Ballage isn't a power back. He's a big back that flashes the ability to truck through people, but it's not a consistent part of his game. Watching a highlight tape you'll see him bowl over people. But if you watch actual game tape, you see a pretty tame dude out there that runs too high to consistently generate power. He's a big and fast dude that has hands out of the backfield. He's not going to be a consistent between the tackles monster. People look at his size and see him truck 3-4 guys via highlight tapes and assume he's a power back. He was benched for a no-name in short yardage situations because of his inability to consistently murder himself and others to gain those crucial inches on the field. I don't see how someone could formally evaluate Ballage and assume he's a power back. He SHOULD be a power back, but like LaTavius Murray, he's more of a homerun hitter.

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right on, I never really saw him pre-injury but I think his value is a projection on if he can ever get back to pre-injury form. For that reason he is sort of a gamble and I think that will ultimately push him out of the 2nd round into the 3rd, maybe even early 4th.

= Tremendous value

Archived