Jets trade up to #3 in the draft with Indy

Iamcanadian

I was so against the bills moving up and wanting cousins for this reason. The bills are stuck but need to overwhelm the giants with picks to get to #2 you cannot settle for pick 4 or worse bills have done that with Jp Losman, and they cannot do that if they plan on taking a qb. Its pick 2 or the bills are screwed. 

17 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

With so many teams in the bidding for perhaps the #2 QB in the draft, if you wait till draft night, you could lose out in a bidding war. Much better to get the trade done now and pray the Giants do not go QB or trade back as well.

Who else is bidding for a qb? Bills have more ammo then any other team in the league if a deal is going to get done with Giants it is likely draft night. Deal has to get done with Giants and no other team if they truly want Rosen, if they plan on getting Allen that is still a risk to wait until the Jets pick and trade to pick 4. You cant expect the Giants to make a deal before hand as they may want Barkley, they wont know if he is available until the night of the draft. Bills cannot afford to give up the farm to pick 4 right now. If their guy or guys are gone and the deal has already been done they are screwed and forced to take someone they are not high on. You just dont move up to move up in hopes a guy falls you move up when you know your going to get your guy which is only during draft night at pick 4. You have no idea if 3 teams take qbs with the first 3 picks leaving you with one opportunity you may not be high on. 

23 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Who else is bidding for a qb? Bills have more ammo then any other team in the league if a deal is going to get done with Giants it is likely draft night. Deal has to get done with Giants and no other team if they truly want Rosen, if they plan on getting Allen that is still a risk to wait until the Jets pick and trade to pick 4. You cant expect the Giants to make a deal before hand as they may want Barkley, they wont know if he is available until the night of the draft. Bills cannot afford to give up the farm to pick 4 right now. If their guy or guys are gone and the deal has already been done they are screwed and forced to take someone they are not high on. You just dont move up to move up in hopes a guy falls you move up when you know your going to get your guy which is only during draft night at pick 4. You have no idea if 3 teams take qbs with the first 3 picks leaving you with one opportunity you may not be high on. 

It is pretty clear that both Denver and Arizona are likely still in the market hunt for a QB. Denver signed Keenum, but all his success came in a Dome, with his weak arm, who know how it will translate to playing outdoors. Arizona gave a 20 million dollar, one year contract, to Bradford, who is a statue in the pocket and is injured every season, so they too, are likely in the bidding for the Giant's pick.

I think all the talk about Rosen is just a bluff, they are hoping for Darnold, but likely think Cleveland will take him, so it will come down to Mayfield or Allen and every GM with a shot at a franchise QB, is just praying Allen, after a couple of month's training by a pro type QB coach, blows everybody away at his pro day and could go 1 or 2 in the draft. Allen reminds me a lot of Jim Kelly, a big strong QB who wasn't bothered by the weather we get .

If Allen does not show significant improvement, we might just try for the #4 pick and let the Jets choose between Mayfield and Rosen and take what is left?? It would be a cheaper option!!! 

Josh Allen will be one of the top 3 QBs taken. Guaranteed !! 

Just because this forum doesn't want him doesn't negate the fact his toolset and make up isn't to drool over. Fits with the Giants with Eli expecting to start. Fits with the Jets with Bridgewater expected to start.

There is a very, very good chance one of Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield will be available at 4

37 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Just because this forum doesn't want him doesn't negate the fact his toolset and make up isn't to drool over. Fits with the Giants with Eli expecting to start. Fits with the Jets with Bridgewater expected to start.

There is a very, very good chance one of Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield will be available at 4

I don’t mind if other teams take Allen. If we can get Rosen or Mayfield at 4 I will be happy. We would have given up less picks to move up to #4 and still picked our guy instead of moving up to #2 and trading the farm. If the Giants or Jets want to take Allen, who in my opinion is going to be a bust before us, then by all means go ahead. This would be an ideal scenario.

8 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I don’t mind if other teams take Allen. If we can get Rosen or Mayfield at 4 I will be happy. We would have given up less picks to move up to #4 and still picked our guy instead of moving up to #2 and trading the farm. If the Giants or Jets want to take Allen, who in my opinion is going to be a bust before us, then by all means go ahead. This would be an ideal scenario.

Exactly, I don't want Allen because he's not ready and I want to compete this year.

If we don't get a deal done soon to get In the top 2, I'm good with waiting til draft day and moving up to 5 for who I would assume right now, would be Baker Mayfield.

My top 4 for Mock purposes right now goes

Cleveland - Sam Darnold

Giants - Josh Allen 

Jets - Josh Rosen 

Cleveland - Saquon Barkley 

Denver - Baker Mayfield 

Idk why some of you are getting gun shy all of a sudden. If we have to give up 2 additional firsts, and 3 seconds who cares if we really believe we have our guy. We’ve blown through enough draft picks. We’ve had rosters that are uber talented outside of QB.

GO. GET. YOUR. GUY. 

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Idk why some of you are getting gun shy all of a sudden. If we have to give up 2 additional firsts, and 3 seconds who cares if we really believe we have our guy. We’ve blown through enough draft picks. We’ve had rosters that are uber talented outside of QB.

GO. GET. YOUR. GUY. 

It’s easy to say go get your guy, but it takes two to tango. I think it will take 3 first, and 2 second rounders to get up to #2. I don’t think the Giants want to trade. If this is the case then I don’t mind if Beane decides to stand pat. If he does make a trade then it means he has a guy he can’t pass on. I am fine with either outcome. Remember trust the process.

The question still remains, do the Giants want to make a trade or are they just going to draft a QB themselves. Eli is 37 and not very likely to hang around for too many more years. Trading with Cleveland could actually be more difficult, the trade chart says to move up from 12 to 4 equates to the 12th pick, plus a seconder rounder, a third rounder and a 3rd rounder next year or another second rounder this year. However, does Cleveland want to trade out of the top 10, they may simply use us to get a trade with Denver, add a second rounder and still get who they want to draft at #5.

We are actually between a rock and a hard place and could still end up with Jackson at 12 and we are not likely to know till the draft!!! It is looking very scary guys, just maybe Beane traded up to get Jackson for all we know, the 12th pick put us ahead of the Cardinals in the draft and maybe that is why he made the trade???.

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I think Allen has the most upside and believe he fits the bills more then any other team and any other qb but giving up multiple picks to get him isnt appealing to bills fans. Rosen would be nice for bills at 2 ad bills fans but does he actually fit what bills are trying to do. Unfortunately we dont know what Dabol is going to do as he has dealt with every type of qb, tom brady is a pure pocket passer and he was with him for 12 years, but other teams he coached for had mobile ones. Im not buying the giants interest in a qb. Yes it would be nice to but they have their HoF qb and will likely roll with him in the next couple of years. Everyone is blaming him for the issues but the old GM/HC didnt offer him anything. Gettleman is getting him the protection he desperately needed and needs a RB who can assist in relieving pressure off of him. Barkley and nelson would be the 2 guys I assume they will want but giving up multiple picks they can land a solid Guard/Tackle at 12 and land a guy like Guice/Chubb/Sony with the later 1st rd pick or one of the 2nds they would get plus their own. They want to win now its just a matter of what has to be given up. Jets are a wildcard but Mayfield fits the marketing bill for them and would compete with mccown/bridgewater right away. Both mccown and bridgewater can be cut without much damage as they both are on 1 year deals up to 6 mil for bridge and 10 mil for mccown.

59 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think Allen has the most upside and believe he fits the bills more then any other team and any other qb but giving up multiple picks to get him isnt appealing to bills fans. Rosen would be nice for bills at 2 ad bills fans but does he actually fit what bills are trying to do. Unfortunately we dont know what Dabol is going to do as he has dealt with every type of qb, tom brady is a pure pocket passer and he was with him for 12 years, but other teams he coached for had mobile ones. Im not buying the giants interest in a qb. Yes it would be nice to but they have their HoF qb and will likely roll with him in the next couple of years. Everyone is blaming him for the issues but the old GM/HC didnt offer him anything. Gettleman is getting him the protection he desperately needed and needs a RB who can assist in relieving pressure off of him. Barkley and nelson would be the 2 guys I assume they will want but giving up multiple picks they can land a solid Guard/Tackle at 12 and land a guy like Guice/Chubb/Sony with the later 1st rd pick or one of the 2nds they would get plus their own. They want to win now its just a matter of what has to be given up. Jets are a wildcard but Mayfield fits the marketing bill for them and would compete with mccown/bridgewater right away. Both mccown and bridgewater can be cut without much damage as they both are on 1 year deals up to 6 mil for bridge and 10 mil for mccown.

I'm good with any of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield.

Josh Allen would be a distant 4 option

Worst case scenario maybe going Roquan Smith (12), Lamar Jackson/Mason Rudolph (22), James Daniels/Will Hernandez/Billy Price (2nd), James Washington/Christian Kirk (2nd), Mark Andrews/CB/DT with our 3rds

Also I'm gonna add Nick Foles will be in play eventually. Eagles will be approaching salary cap problems soon. If a team (Buffalo) comes knocking with say (pick 22) or a 2nd and 3rd they might bite. Word is Carson Wentz is already throwing and progressing nicely 

Nick Foles is getting so overrated. His rumored price is absolutely insane. I want no part of giving up a 2nd round pick, let alone multiple high picks or the absurd ask of a 1st round pick.

I'd rather bomb out with McCarron starting all year and take a QB next year than give all that up for Foles. We need a QB of the future, a franchise QB. Not another trade/free agent pick up.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Also I'm gonna add Nick Foles will be in play eventually. Eagles will be approaching salary cap problems soon. If a team (Buffalo) comes knocking with say (pick 22) or a 2nd and 3rd they might bite. Word is Carson Wentz is already throwing and progressing nicely 

I essentially see this as a rob johnson move, no time to repeat history by giving up a 1st or multiple picks for mediocrity based on a handful of productive games. Ill risk it on a rookie qb

Archived