Jets trade up to #3 in the draft with Indy

Iamcanadian

4 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

If we can't move up then don't give the picks to Philly for Nick Foles. That's not a solution or an option in my mind. I'd rather have the picks.

The only time Foles has had success was when he was allowed to run a RPO. In every other scheme he's been involved in at the NFL level, he has stunk. The Eagles basically went into a mini training camp for a few weeks before the Superbowl so Foles could get comfortable again in the RPO he ran under Chip Kelly. It worked and BB didn't have the Patriots ready for it. Any team who tries to go RPO with Foles will no longer have that element of surprise and D's will be ready and able to stop it. Foles is essentially a one-trick pony and I hope we never get suckered into pursuing him.

5 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I agree 100%. I think if we don’t move up it means more than likely that the teams ahead of us want to stand pat. You guys are acting like it’s going to be easy to move up in one of the deepest QB drafts on paper in years. The problem is we won our usual 7-9 games and it put is out of the elite QB range yet again. I know we all wanted to break the drought, but it kind of screwed us. It’s going to take a lot for a team like the Giants to move back 10 spots when there are elite players at the top they may see as franchise players. Everyone wants us to move up and get our franchise guy, but if the teams in top 5 deem our guy as a franchise player then there is likely nothing we can do.

If I'm Cleveland, I'm not budging from 1 or 4. You're looking at the best QB prospect since Luck and a game changing stud RB at 4. 

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

If I'm Cleveland, I'm not budging from 1 or 4. You're looking at the best QB prospect since Luck and a game changing stud RB at 4. 

If I'm Cleveland, I'm going to not only listen to offers for #4, but I would move on the "right" package of picks. Too many holes to pretend Barkley is going to do more than bring me to 6-7 wins. Yeah, it's an improvement, but I'm filling holes without spending bank in FA. #1 is definitely not for sale though...and neither is the Giants' #2.

I'm getting to the point where I feel like the price to move up is going to be way too high and that it'll end up better to stay put. Stay at 12 & 22. Take Roquan Smith (12) and  Mason Rudolph (22) and then use all your 2nd and 3rd round picks and develop younger guys. Get a couple WR in here, build that OL, young RB to succeed Shady, DL depth and more LB's

4 hours ago, davidderion said:

I'm getting to the point where I feel like the price to move up is going to be way too high and that it'll end up better to stay put. Stay at 12 & 22. Take Roquan Smith (12) and  Mason Rudolph (22) and then use all your 2nd and 3rd round picks and develop younger guys. Get a couple WR in here, build that OL, young RB to succeed Shady, DL depth and more LB's

Why the hell would we settle on Mason Rudolph especially in the first round. If you are gonna throw that pick away anyways why not use it as ammo to move up? It doesn’t make sense. If you think that one of these QB’s is worth it (which all indications show that they do) you go get him. Case closed. Idgf about 2 first round picks when we’ve selected the likes of Aaron Maybin and Ej Manuel, and traded an additional first round pick for Sammy Watkins. We have 100 million dollars in cap space next season to fill holes. If we get a perennial pro bowl qb we won’t give a crap about two first round picks and three second round picks we lost. I can’t believe some of you guys are scared to make a move. I really just don’t understand.

The only way that not moving up is acceptable is if the Giants and Browns flat out say we aren’t moving no matter what. Then it’s out of our control and we have to hope for the best. Maybe we have to get to 4 and then on draft day call the Giants and see if their position changes because maybe they are willing to move down but just not that far.

Then your stuck with a reoccurring issue the bills have had since jim kelly mediocrity at the position, whether the person they take darnold allen mayfield or rosen end up busting you got to risk it rather then settling for mediocrity. building positions is what the bills have done for years and it hasnt worked. The only thing that can come from this is getting the qb by moving up keeping them afloat with continuation at GM/HC. Bills have yet to do either, you bring in a new GM/HC every 2-3 years they swap out the old regimes players and build their own guys and continue with scrap players at the qb position. Steelers made the playoffs 10 of the 14 years Big Ben has been QB 2 Head Coaches in the process, Patriots made playoffs 15 of the 17 years Brady has been qb and 1 HC. Both teams have had players come and go but the things that didnt change are QBs. I cannot trust a qb who is being taken at 22 and graded as the 6th (tier 3) qb to run a franchise for years to come. The chances of him being the guy are slim as the picks go on. Adding those players that bills would possibly lose moving up at best will be solid contributors being wasted with mediocre QB play and will hit free agency or paid by bills. Look at Shady and Kyle Williams careers could have been a major impact on teams with contending QBs.  

8 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

If I'm Cleveland, I'm going to not only listen to offers for #4, but I would move on the "right" package of picks. Too many holes to pretend Barkley is going to do more than bring me to 6-7 wins. Yeah, it's an improvement, but I'm filling holes without spending bank in FA. #1 is definitely not for sale though...and neither is the Giants' #2.

They have 5 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Where are all these holes ? They need a LT, MLB, definitely need a CB and depth. It's not like they're in salary cap jail as well.

They can go Darnold, Barkley and trade back up to replace Thomas or wait to get a CB who will likely start. 

End of the day, we need them a hell of alot more than they need us 

I don't want this, however I'm accepting this as a worst case scenario that very well may happen 

The ones that don't want to gamble on a QB and stay with all the picks to fill holes seem to forget that their is risk in those players too and seem to believe that filling those holes would have the Bills competing this year. No matter what Buffalo does I am expecting 9 wins at the most and I highly doubt we make the playoffs this season.

Get the damn franchise QB and then build around him. Not the other way around. 

41 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The ones that don't want to gamble on a QB and stay with all the picks to fill holes seem to forget that their is risk in those players too and seem to believe that filling those holes would have the Bills competing this year. No matter what Buffalo does I am expecting 9 wins at the most and I highly doubt we make the playoffs this season.

Get the damn franchise QB and then build around him. Not the other way around. 

For real!!! It’d be different if the staff wasn’t sold on anyone but we know they are with all of the rumors of them trading up. We know they have someone in mind. Go ******* get him.

Not sure which thread to put it in but news is starting to come out that the bills brass had a private workout with Rosen this past weekend and another one with Baker yesterday. They will be going to Darnold's proday as well. It seems like the bills still are unsure of which qb they truly want but its a clear indication that they are still interested in moving up even with jets making this move.

Espn had the Sam Darnold proday on he looked pretty good even in the rain, anyways only saw Terrance Grey out there for bills and he was chuming it up with some guy from the giants on the sideline. 

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Here is my guess:

1. Cleveland selects Josh Allen
2. NYG Select Sam Darnold
3. NYJ Select Josh Rosen
4. Cleveland select Saqon Barkley
5. Denver selects Quenton Nelson
6. Indianapolis selects Bradley Chubb
7.  Tampa Selects defense
8. Chicago selects defense 
9. Buffalo trades up for Baker costing pick 12 and 96.

Do you guys really think you can risk one of the 4 QBs being there at 9?

15 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

Do you guys really think you can risk one of the 4 QBs being there at 9?

No that is wishful thinking. I see him going to Jets, or Broncos. If he falls past that I can see Tampa trading with the dolphins at 7 to get him if bills dont move up to get him or any other qb. Cardinals may look to move up as well for Mayfield if they are interested. To me it has to be pick 2 or 4 in order to get one of the 4 qbs in this draft. I also dont see the browns passing on Darnold, way better player and even if the browns have messed up in the past Dorsey isnt messing around. You cant pass on a guy who has thrown for over 7000 yards and 57 tds in 2 seasons completing 65% of passes for Allen who has major accuracy issues. With all that being said that is his mock and sees it playing out like that. If Allen goes top 5 he will be the 1st qb since the new cba to be drafted without having a completion percentage of 60 or more in college. As much potential is there I do not see him being the best pick in this draft out of all the qbs.

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

No that is wishful thinking. I see him going to Jets, or Broncos. If he falls past that I can see Tampa trading with the dolphins at 7 to get him if bills dont move up to get him or any other qb. Cardinals may look to move up as well for Mayfield if they are interested. To me it has to be pick 2 or 4 in order to get one of the 4 qbs in this draft. I also dont see the browns passing on Darnold, way better player and even if the browns have messed up in the past Dorsey isnt messing around. You cant pass on a guy who has thrown for over 7000 yards and 57 tds in 2 seasons completing 65% of passes for Allen who has major accuracy issues. With all that being said that is his mock and sees it playing out like that. If Allen goes top 5 he will be the 1st qb since the new cba to be drafted without having a completion percentage of 60 or more in college. As much potential is there I do not see him being the best pick in this draft out of all the qbs.

Broncos won't take Mayfield.  We clearly think you are coming up to get one of the 4, will have to be 4 with Cleveland or 5 with us, and it will cost you all a lot.

Archived