Titans Release Sylvester Williams

KingTitan

23 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Would rather grab Hankins than Suh. This was a needed cut though. Can't have a scrub making that kind of money.

I'd definitely prefer Suh. With Watson and Luck back, I'm far more worried about our pass-rush than our run defense given our current personnel. And Suh can get upfield with the best of them (at least among 300+ pounders), whereas Hankins is almost solely a run-stuffing NT. Which, if we miss out on Suh, I'd still take, but Casey-Jones-Suh has a far higher ceiling than Casey-Hankins-Jones.

14 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

How much would Hankins cost???  Maybe we can grab both regardless, IF it's not too expensive.  But I'm all for a Suh/Casey combo. 

I just can't see a 3-4 team having four defensive linemen making over $5 million per year. 

Found this interesting...so the Titans had already passed a cut-by date with Sly. Had their plans all along were to cut him, they would have cut him prior to that date. Instead, they guaranteed/paid him $1.25M this year. . and something happened since then that made them change their mind.

Interesting...

Also, even though Suh just landed yesterday, dont think for one minute that JRob hasn't had significant contact with his agent since he was cut. They know what he's asking/looking for. Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines, but something tells me something is in the works already...

Archived