Free agency reset — Wave 2

Klomp

8 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

6’6 320-330 lbs guard seems a little big in our offense. 

But that is similar to what JDF had in Brandon Brooks when he was in Philly

Fleming’s combine measurement was 6047. Not sure I buy the 6’6” listing

What about Jack Mewhort. I know he has had some injury problems the last few years, but he might be high upside signing for cheap that could come in and provide depth/battle for starting position at RT if they move Remmers inside, or could be depth at Guard

Just don’t get the fascination with Stephen, let him walk and see if he’ll qualify as a compensatory loss. His ideal job, backup swing tackle, already has a player in it - Jaleel Johnson.

He is below average against the run and pass as both a nose and under tackle. Quite frankly, the only reason that he’s stuck in my mind is because of injuries to Floyd and Johnson not being a full time player. 

If he costs you anymore than $1M he’s not worth it. 

19 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Just don’t get the fascination with Stephen, let him walk and see if he’ll qualify as a compensatory loss. His ideal job, backup swing tackle, already has a player in it - Jaleel Johnson.

He is below average against the run and pass as both a nose and under tackle. Quite frankly, the only reason that he’s stuck in my mind is because of injuries to Floyd and Johnson not being a full time player. 

If he costs you anymore than $1M he’s not worth it. 

Definitely agree. I think they will address more DT depth in the draft. 

10 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

let him walk and see if he’ll qualify as a compensatory loss.

Makes sense, but if that is the strategy there are details left to decide. If no team signs him by by May 8th, would you submit a qualifying tender to him in order to preserve the potential to get compensatory considerations if he is signed by July 23rd?

Nah. I just let him walk away in that instance. If he gets snapped up before May 8th, great. If no, not big deal - like I said, marginal player that’s artifically pumped up because he was forced into service. 

Archived